Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Soon as there back chromers going straight on Replaced the door tops material as original was cracked and holed but happy with grain match Me to
  3. I got a manta from lreland, did not see it before l got it , If l was in front of the manta l might not have it now l though l paid to much,but having a good look and the price was about right, Needs wiring sorting, and a bit of welding on the inner wings Have a project thread on here
  4. Today
  5. Hi, I just saw this - I actually have your old car, I’ve just put it on eBay as I need to free up the garage. I’ve just had it MOT’d!
  6. no harm fitting an earlier waterpump realy as the fixed fan is a definate benefit over the later viscous and temp comtrolled viscous which can loose their efficiency in time causing overheating in traffic .yes a slight noise increase ( but its a nice noise !)
  7. thats not a bad price .i had mine done at at trimmers a few years back who also fitted a vynil outer too for £250
  8. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-manta-B-seires-Coupe-Headlining-/334301347802?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
  9. In the immortal words of the Chemical Brothers 'my finger is on the button' 🙈🤣
  10. Interesting Herman, I guess this is the pulley you need when fitting a Manta water pump to a 2.4 Frontera engine which has a larger diameter toothed crank pulley.....
  11. I have to buy it now to stop you, I see your tactic 🤣 I would end up sleeping in it if I didn't move the other project on first 😬
  12. To improve the waterpump I used to fit the pulley of a 6cilinder. Those pulleys are smaller so the pump runs faster. You can buy those pulleys in the Edelschmiede shop: https://www.edelschmiede.com/shop/navi.php?a=2098&lang=eng
  13. For high performance engines 2.0/2.4 , I was told by UK Irmscher, they used the earlier steel bladed impellor water pump as has better flow than the standard cast one with a viscous fan...I have been using them on my turbo'd engine with an electric fan for a number of years...maybe owners of i200s and i240s can confirm this? (They also told me they used a Manta 400 Sach thrust bearing on the i200 and i240s....but I lost the part number.. ) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284399011819?fits=Car+Make%3AOpel|Model%3AManta&hash=item42378087eb:g:EccAAOSwGUVhdqru
  14. Yes thats the pump I need 👍 thanks for that
  15. Yesterday
  16. Indeed mate. I really like this too, but I would be buying to use the shell essentially 😬
  17. If yours has 4 bolt holes that’s an early one for solid fan drive. Don’t bin it though, might come in useful for someone.
  18. Hi RetroRob, this is the Quinton Hazel water pump I have recently purchased for my 2.0E Cih, looks like you have the wrong part number,
  19. Sods law I dropped my money on another project, it was available before Christmas but typical Ebay the buyer messed him around.
  20. Used all the paint today ( on the front room wall ) So did a few hours on the manta. Wired in the engine cut out , works very well The wiring on the front side lights is 18 inches to long,poor condition on the wiring The wiring now all sorted, all 4 side lights working
  21. Russ's (Droopsnoot Firenza) old car, Project thread from 2015 Current owner wants £5000 for the car, so a bargain imo
  22. Just ordered a new waterpump and think I've been sent the wrong one Qcp2100 Quinton Hazell , the new one has 4 bolt holes where the fan sits
  23. The interior is a bit too red for me, but I n all other respects I’m very interested.
  24. You need to post some photos of your bumpers @Kurtupsin75or this will soon turn into a Chevair blog!
  25. https://springcoil.co.uk/shop/
  1. Load more activity
  • Create New...