my 16 valve A

Robbie

I LIKE THAT A LOT!

Very very nice

( Would that be one of my turbo tops too?[;)])

Hmmm, coupe,hatch, i need an a series for the set

The standard of Mantas on this forum blows me away all the time

Regards

Kev

kevinmanconaatbilling-1.jpg

Many A Night Tinkering About

OMOC 4076

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO !!!!!!

I have just come back from having a ride in Garry's Manta A turbo. This car has AWESOME performance [}:)] matched with excellent braking ability [;)]!

I can't stop smiling ! [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Thanks for taking the time to pop down Garry. Excellent work simon p [:D]

-=< You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house... >=-

(some of) you guys make me chuckle.

why post anything less than positive things on here? we all love these cars, how we execute them is up to us. And i think that if Bob echoes his sentiments from the other week on here, he will say that both cars are equal in totally different ways. mine way out performs his but his isn't about that - so i like his on a different plane to mine and respect it for what it is.

personally i'd rather NOT have an engine bay that looks like the inside of liberace's handbag - BUT - and it's a big but, if we all liked the same thing how boring would that be??

can't we just stick to encouragement on here? someone will always have more money, always have better access to garge tools/premisies, have more power/more chrome/more stainless, and will always better the last years best of show - and that's how it should be - but this petty one upmanship and mines better than yours mentality is really detrimental to the club.

at the end of the day - it's my car - and i love it - if you don't - tough - buy your own and better it! if others love their car as much as i do mine - i can respect that and appreciate that, why can't some others?

oh - and incidentally.... my dad IS bigger than your dad [:P]

I think you've taken Clives comment out of context, knowing Clive I suspect he's just having a joke with czwh42. I cant imagine its having a dig at your car, more clive checking up that the person who bought his pride and joy is still happy with it. If there is one thing Clive does on here it is respect decent work. Even if he doesnt get on with you on the forum, if your works good he will give it the recognition it deserves. Do you not think that the comments you've made about his old car somewhat contradict your own arguement? all Clive has said is which did he prefer? Cant see whats so derogitary about that?

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

im loving this car. give me a turbo over a v8 anyday. or a v8 turbo[:D]

im building a manta turbo. are u using the 1800 box? and have i got an lsd in the axel? and what sort of power u making? bhp.

sorry for question just want to get mine right 1st time. cheers.

omoc member 5918

g1.jpg

hi,

yes - after having both turbo's are nw my bag. i always wanted a 68 fastback mustang but after how well this has come together i'd be hard pushed to match the performance or the handling of this in a stang.

1.8 box - straight over swap, 1.8 sump, standard rear axle - good thing about having power and torque build in the revs is that there not too much over working for the axle - my V8 one used to twist the axle a bit too much.

no lsd but on my wish list.

i've had 145 out of it and it's still got 1000 revs to go!

any advice you need - ask me.

Garry.

ps - Bob thought the post was "unecessary" as well. it's an apples and pears comparison. if clive didn't mean it the way it seems then fair enough but if he has typing tourettes i'll let it slide on medical grounds. [:)]

A signature on this forum is soooo true.....

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way [:I]

Everyone can take things in different ways whether it is written or said, seriously or in jest.

I know exactly what Clive meant. I was merely passing comment (an exuberant one at that!) on what an adrenalin fix the spin in Garry's car was.

I must admit I love any car with that V8 sound. Whenever I hear a V8 it raises the hairs on the back of my neck - I'm sure some of you will know where I'm coming from.

Saying that, I'm an acceleration junkie too. As long as it gets to 60 asap I don't care what it is [:D]

-=< You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house... >=-

• 3 months later...

my thoughts exactly - one person's cup of tea etc'...

i now have a alloy rad and bigger intercooler to go in - in advance of 320bhp chios and boost. can't wait.

soon as the weather gets warmer i'll be breaking out the spanners....

how's the 8 coming along Bob?