C277 VNR

I inherited this car from my dad which i then learned to drive in and ran for about a year and a half. Unfortunately when it cam to MOT time i could not afford time or money to weld sills and chassis. I then sold it last year for £90 to someone in the village who had something to do with the Manta Owners Club, who said they were going to repair and run it. Just wondering if it made it back on the road again? I wish i had held on to it as it was the nicest car i have driven, just needed a car to take to uni and had to sell it.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, your e-mail address must have changed as I've not been able to contact you recently.

Fear not, your car's still undergoing restoration but I got a bit carried away and decided to fit a 2 litre Cavalier SRi engine (there was a chap selling a whole Cav in Kilby just after I bought your hatch) and upgrade the brakes too. Nearly all the welding is done. I've just a tricky bit under the passenger side of the windscreen to attend to. The little rust spot got bigger when I prodded it, as they do!

You're welcome to come round and have a look whenever you like. I'm still at 1 Albert St (2404769). It would be really good to see you and show you what I've been up to.

I hope I'll hear from you soon.

More details of what I've been up to are here:

http://www.mantaclub.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7340

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log in to the Forum from the home page folks. It helps to keep the site at the top of Google.

Incidentally, there's a real thrill to actually recognising a registration number in this section for once. I thought "that looks familiar".

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log in to the Forum from the home page folks. It helps to keep the site at the top of Google.

• 1 month later...