opel kadett 16v

mickappy

some picts from the day....... when to my garage and dragged my engine out the corner, fitted my lightened flywheel, forgot to take picts of the two flywheels sitting next to each other, but there was a 5-6mm difference in the back of them, and I could pick the lightened one up with my little finger......

a couple of picts of my exhaust manifolds sitting beside each other, the left side my big bore one and the right the standard one I modified when I first put the engine it......... good bit difference.......hopefully getting the exhaust gasses out quicker....

Picture147.jpg

Picture146.jpg

side pict of the servo extention, could do with a bit of a paint...

Picture148.jpg

my sexy new gearbox.........

Picture149.jpg

and finaly the engine and gearbox in place, all to do now is get the exhaust on and then wire the car up

Picture150.jpg

cheers folks

opel kadett 2.0 16v

steer from the rear

• 2 weeks later...

id="Impact">id="size2">id="blue">excellent project mate , building a kadett with an xe myself , think i spoke to you at knock hill last year my mate has the scruffy black Chevette track car , are you selling your old xe manifold as i'd be very interested in purchasing it or if you know someone who can make one up . look forward to seeing it completed and maybe see it up at knockhill playing [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by xekadett72

id="Impact">id="size2">id="blue"> think i spoke to you at knock hill last year my mate has the scruffy black Chevette track car , are you selling your old xe manifold as i'd be very interested in purchasing it or if you know someone who can make one up .

id="quote">id="quote">

yeh i remember speaking to you at knockhill,

i gave my old manifold to my mate who has just put a 16v into his kadett hatch..... it was only a standard FWD manifold cut and re-welded, but its the cheaper option....takes a bit of time tho. even if you do buy a RWD manifold you still have to mess around with them to get it to fit properly in a kadett, hopfully have my car back at knockhill sometime soon... get picts of your car up...[:)]

opel kadett 2.0 16v

steer from the rear

id="size3">id="red">pity about the manifold , but got three xe manifolds in various states so prob get my mate to knock one up for me , also got a wee red kadett c hatch which is going to recieve the manta 1800 with twin 40's out of my coupe when the xe transplant is carried out or i've got an mk2 astra sxi engine sitting which might be another option for the hatch .Got a mint two door ascona sr just crying out for a red top but its too original to play with JUST yet. Typical Knockhill was cancelled at the weekend with the weather just as i'd fitted the 40's to the coupe so roll on the summer as i'm going to be busy !!!!!

• 1 year later...

hi folks, its been a while since i last posted here.... car has just been sitting in the garage collecting dust, so in the last few weeks ive got it ready for mot ...

SL370617.jpg

Ohaye0051.jpg

Ohaye0053.jpg

SL370625.jpg

Ohaye0055.jpg

SL370616.jpg

the primered bit are where the paint had split and had started to rust, so hopfully get it all rubbed down and a painted in the next month or so..

let me know what youz think