Pics of the totalled GTE Coupe

stradacab

Went to see it today, what a mess [:(] Sadly it not going to be rebuilt as he would be better cutting his losses and stripping it for parts. He bought a replacement black Coupe last night, nice car, few bits to tidy up but it shows his love of Mantas, get straight back in another after what happened. He drove back from Peterborough in the dark, slowly and stopped a few time due to nerves and worry it could happen again. He's a bit bruised, seatbelt line across his shoulder, back aching etc as he went in at an angle at about 50mph. He got away lightly, the car didnt, its difficult to get an idea of the shape of the front from the pics but its bent across, down and in a long way, rear end has moved across too, but the passenger compartment is ok, good job in a way he didnt do this before it was welded as it would have collapsed and he could have been injured.

PICT0150.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0154.jpg

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0161.jpg

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0160.jpg

PICT0155.jpg

PICT0158.jpg

PICT0147.jpg

RIP [xx(]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Hi Mick, that sure is a well beaten up Manta[:(], bet your well gutted to see that after so much work. All that seam welded new steel, must have played a part in obsorbing the impact.

Good news on the driver, bit shaken, but lives to drive another Manta[:)]

Mal.....OMOC #6022 H9OP6tnFJvCgw3kz3xgONVPRv4v9t6WR0060.jpg Start your Manta restoration today........ before it's too late!

All the welding held, pulled about, bent and twisted but not one of them broke! In a week or 2 it will be taken back to the very same place it was repaired to be stripped about 2-3 weeks after it was finished there. Most body panels are scrap, roof will be available, good engine, mint interior maybe for sale, will have to see what he wants to do with it.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Felt gutted after your call last nite mick, nothing you can say in situations like this apart from at least your mate is ok. perhaps the scuttle panel will live on in UMM, eh?

chrisb

My father-in-law saw this car friday while working and phoned me to tell me, He may have even spoken to you, he knocked at the door and spoke to someone. I think he took your number for me to ring, and then conveniently lost it!

I wondered at the time whether it was the car you'd spent endless days and nights fixing before a "overhaulin" style MOT deadline.

If id have know you were so local id have said hello earlier (im in Lincoln).

I said on your original post that you'd done some pretty damn good work on that car. Its fantastic that your mate is little more than bruised (body and no dougt ego), and at the same time such a shame about the car. Everything i guess is salvageable but i guess you need to weigh up whether its worth it.

Id offer to help if you needed it, but im only really an amature mechanic as my true trade is Joinery. Still if you need an extra pair of hands one evening etc. let me know.

Many Thanks

gte3-1.jpgPIC_0184-1.jpg

My mate said someone had been round asking about parts. In a couple of weeks it'll be stripped of anything still useable. He needs some of it for his new one, I need a couple of bits but other than that I think he'll be selling bits to recoup some of the money, more will come apparent later.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe