My SportsHatch

1900SR

Not strictly a Manta, but thought I'd get some pictures up anyway for anyone who might be interested.

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Bought as a non-runner, someone managed to put the distributor on the wrong way round. Now runs, waiting for some time to fit the manual choke conversion, check the brakes and take it for an MOT. Should be able to get it done over Easter, fingers crossed!

Looking good, I hope it all goes well over Easter. It may not be a Manta but it's close enough for me.

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep.

"He who fights and runs away, will live to be thrashed on another day"

Load O Cr4p,,,,,,, [}:)][}:)]

Get a proper Manta like me.

Oh, it appears I have one o them as well.[:I][:I][:I]

I'm sure the guys n gals on here will make you most welcome.

minicaver.jpg

That's not grey, I'm a natural blonde. (5858)

Norm, are you by any chance in Sketty? I recognise the house in the background! Is that the Cav that was on eBay last year? If you need any bits for it there's an absolutely rotten Sportshatch in a house on Fairwood Common - things like wheels and the alloy trim are ok. Get in touch if you want any more details!

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 'another interesting project', 1993 Senator 24v. Yakshimash.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, the car is indeed coming along. I've got the manual choke fitted, so it now runs much better than it did. Just waiting to get the carb set up properly.

Got a pair of front seats on their way out of a Manta GT/J, should be roughly the same colour and hopefully better than the ripped and worn out seats in mine.

Looks like it'll need some welding to the near side rear sill and a tyre or two for the MOT, as long as I can sort out the problems with the wiring earths!

• 5 months later...

Another update, it's been a long time since I last did this!

As some of you may have read in other threads, it was booked in for an MOT a couple of months back, but jumped the teeth on the timing chain. Since then it's been pretty much on standstill while I've been looking for a new engine, but having just picked one up today (thanks Tokyo_Drift!) it should be on it's way soon with any luck. Been quietly accumulating bits over the last couple of months too, so I've got some nice GTE front seats to go in once it's done, as well as other bits and pieces here and there.

Our next meet should be in Swansea if I have anything to do with it. Will you be around on the 1st weekend in November?

OMOC #5826..... 1974 Renault 17 Gordini, 1979 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 1981 SRB coupe - sell or swap?, 1983 Renault 5 Gordini turbo, 1985 Renault 4 Gordini Turbo, 1993 Senator 24v for sale, 1994 Senator 24v

quote:Originally posted by entwistlecymru

Our next meet should be in Swansea if I have anything to do with it. Will you be around on the 1st weekend in November?

OMOC #5826..... 1974 Renault 17 Gordini, 1979 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 1981 SRB coupe - sell or swap?, 1983 Renault 5 Gordini turbo, 1985 Renault 4 Gordini Turbo, 1993 Senator 24v for sale, 1994 Senator 24v

id="quote">id="quote">

Yeah, should be available as far as I know, depends on work really.