Chicken George has gone.

MantaMad

My old garage, affectionately named "Chicken George" because it used to be a chicken shed, has been killed & gone to live in a big skip.

Mick the paddy, is coming on Wednesday to lay the slab for a brand new garage & I am soooooooo excited, and, by this time next week I will probably be sooooooooo skint.

I am having a replacement made to measure in timber, so as you can imagine it ain't cheap.

Old Chicken George was also very wide in normal garage terms, I could park the Cav in there, get in & out easy (no squeazing the car to one side & struggling) & also ride my bike in & out.

Not much of a project really, but it will ensure the old gal has a nice cozy home for years to come.

Chicken George on Saturday morning.......................

DSCF0934.jpg

Chicken George now residing in that big yellow tin bath.............

DSCF0945.jpg

The murderers of Chicken George........[}:)][}:)][}:)]

DSCF0942.jpg

minicaver.jpg

That's not grey, I'm a natural blonde. (5858)

PeteM, that is a really cruel thing to say [V]

You know darn well it is some kind of deformed bat, eagle, fish, monkey thing, definately not a chicken.

I am just wondering how long it will take me to fill the new garage up with all the stuff that "might come in useful some day" [xx(]

minicaver.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you to get a new base laid down? I want to extend the back of my single width garage with another one 12'7" x 21'7". I need a base laying but have no idea what something like this would cost if I cleared the ground first? If you don't want to say out loud then drop me a PM thru the site if thats OK??

[:D]

ROY - Readymix concrete in the correct mix for a garage base will be about £120/m3. You'll need 3 x m3. About £360 worth of concrete.

The driver will be with you for about 30 mins before a further charge for his time. Basically get a load of blokes with wheel barrows and get it in the hole quickly, once its there you've got a good while before it "goes off", unless its in the sunlight on a red hot day.

Many Thanks

gte3-1.jpgPIC_0184-1.jpg

Hi Roy, not a problem, I pulled the garage down & lobbed it in the skip.

After that I walked away & let the chaps get on with digging out, preparing & laying the conny, bear in mind that the ramp is a big bugger as well. The cost was just over £700, about 5 sq mtrs used in total, this is pretty cheap really, I got 3 or 4 quotes & all were around the grand mark.

But the chap who did it came highly recommended & did er "mates rates" if you know what I mean.[:)]

minicaver.jpg

Hi Rick, quite possibly, I want to do a couple of little jobs in the next couple of months, but nothing that will change the appearance much.

To be honest I don't think it is most folks cup of tea, a bit in the middle of an original & not enough to be modified.

But, it is in the same shape has it has been for the last 20 odd years.

Another big factor is if the concourse is on Saturday or Sunday.

Either way, whether I enter it or not we should be down there as there are no mechanical reasons not to attend.

minicaver.jpg

Not most folks cup of tea? It's an excellent example, especially given the fact you've owned it all it's life. Only reason I asked is 'cos I'm sure it'll be one of this new line-ups best. To be honest I can't guess how many cavs and scones are going to be entered, though I bet it won't be as much as exclusive modified [:(]

Anyway, all the best with your big erection (the chicken george upgrade, that is!)

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

Heard a little rumour that we are having a large portion of the field just to cater for the modified exclusives with a 16v in them.[:0] looks like mine will be in with them.[;)]

plumster give me a shout when its built and i will come and admire your hard work and cash less situation.

OMOC 5231

Cheers Andy, but you can take the pi55 about my skintness without standing there laughing at me[:(!][:(!]

Right, for that you are now officially on the dashboard removal team.

Also, I may get a CIH engine, clean it up, paint it, polish it & put it on a stand on it's own, then start a new class for Old engines no longer seen in engine compartments.[:D][:D][:D]

I need an estimate of how long it will take you to do this dashboard swap, [;)] With me helping a bit of course.....[:)]

minicaver.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I am considerably lighter in the wallet but quite a happy chap.

Not got a name for this one, maybe "Big Booger" or somthing like that.

Got to hope no Ar5ehole gets the council up, even though I have only replaced one garage with another almost the same, I supposedly require planning permission.

Anything to take money off you.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty chuffed & this weekend I will paint the floor & go & get the car & bike back out of storage.[:)][:)][:)][:)]spidy.gif

oldnnew.jpg

NEW N OLD.......................

SHINY HAPPY BIG THING..................... YOU GET AN IDEA OF THE SIZE WIT THE STANDARD SINGLE GARAGE AT THE SIDE.

newun.jpg

PLENTY OF ROOM TO RUN AROUND & QUITE LONG ASWELL.

carin3.jpg

minicaver.jpg

Sam - if it's not too rude a question how much did that cost?

Maybe looking to do something similar meself at some point and it's all grist to the mill..............

Carl[:D]

1984 GTE Coupe 2.0XE16v - B623RWW - currently being reshelled...

1988 GTE Exclusive Coupe - E862BAO

1996 BMW 328i Touring Alpina Cosmetics Hartge Power - Parts Chaser/Manta Tower/Daily Driver

OMOC Member#5937

E-Mail Me - mrcarlos@mantagte.co.uk

Into MySpace? Check me out......

http://www.myspace.com/mrcarlos01

b623rwwnewshell1.jpgb623rwwnewshell2.jpge862bao1.jpge862bao2.jpgn516arx1.jpgn516arx2.jpg

Have you got decent coach bolts through the hinges on both the frames and the doors, and the shoot bolt? Otherwise, if they're just screwed on, you might as well have left the doors off.[;)]

It looks good though.[8D]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Dead right I am. I've always fancied one of them thar Festas...[:o)]

Fit the coach bolts now![;)]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Mr Carlos, total cost including the base is 3 grand give or take a quid or two.

Joe, I can assure you it's a pretty robust piece of kit, these guys make farm buildings normally so expect their stuff to get kicked about, all the frame work & internal spars are minimum 4" x 2" timbers, I am quite impressed with it, although the doors are heavy those hinges appear well up to the job.

To be honest I ain't even got a lock at all on it yet, will get one at weekend.

And, as a lovely bonus this afternoon I got a 25 litre drum of red concrete floor paint, I reckon 3 or 4 coats of that on the conny & I will have a lovely floor surface as well.

minicaver.jpg

Thanks Sam - that's not a bad price at all.....

Carl[:D]

1984 GTE Coupe 2.0XE16v - B623RWW - currently being reshelled...

1988 GTE Exclusive Coupe - E862BAO

1996 BMW 328i Touring Alpina Cosmetics Hartge Power - Parts Chaser/Manta Tower/Daily Driver

OMOC Member#5937

E-Mail Me - mrcarlos@mantagte.co.uk

Into MySpace? Check me out......

http://www.myspace.com/mrcarlos01

b623rwwnewshell1.jpgb623rwwnewshell2.jpge862bao1.jpge862bao2.jpgn516arx1.jpgn516arx2.jpg