Chicken George has gone.

MantaMad

I'm glad it's robust, but if the hinges and shoot bolt (ie the lock) are only screwed on from the outside without any bolts going right through them held by nuts and washers on the inside of the frames, all you have to do to get in is to unscrew them. The bolts mean this isn't possible.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself very clearly beforehand. The idea is to ensure that to get the hinges and shoot bolt off, you have to get the doors open. You need at least two bolts through both parts of each hinge, so into the door frame and the door itself.

I hope this is of use.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Hi Joe, yeah, I know what you mean, they are screwed on from the outside, so I might stick a couple of bolts through.

However, we do live in a little village way off the beaten path. The previous lock was just a tiny B & Q thing on a rusty clasp with rusty screws that you could turn with your fingers because the wood was so old & decayed.

We are extremely lucky to be in a pretty crime free area, in fact for about 4 or 5 months we didn't have a lock on our door at all & left the house open day & night.

minicaver.jpg

That's not grey, I'm a natural blonde. (5858)

I'm buying sod'all off anybody, cos I am a skint member.

My word it looks so sexy with the floor painted deep red, I might just go & live in it... mmmmmm, a nice settee & a bog, that's me sorted.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

minicaver.jpg

Sam, have you considered protecting your Manta using products from

http://www.bilthamber.com

and once it's well rustproofed, fitting a set of wheelarch liners to the front to make sure it stays that way?

What?id="size4">

Cheers,

Jo(K)e.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Cheers Andy, Mrs Plumster is starting to get a bit frayed round the edges about the dashboard being in the living room for the past 2 months oe so. I will give you a bell, how long do you reckon it will take to get it done?

Joe, we must get together sometime & you can tell me all about Bilthamber products & wheel arch liners, then we'll do communism, scientology, the melting of the polar ice caps & why I am completely SKINT.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

minicaver.jpg

All scientologists are communists. The amount of hot air they produce has caused the polar ice caps to melt. Right, that's that out of the way. You are skint because you aren't a plumber.

Anything else you'd like to know before we get on to the liners....[:D]

Have you bolted those hinges yet?

Cheers,

Joe.

Joe, I ain't done the hinges cos I am knackered with painting the floor & I am basically a very lazy old git[:)] also until next week there ain't owt in there to nick (might end up with a couple of families of Kosovans sqatting in there though) [:D][:D]

Rutts, I will save up for the Hob Nobs, you can be absolutely certain 100% that anything I am involved with will have brew breaks complete with biccies, butties & scantiliy clad serving wenches.

p.s I might have made that last bit up about serving wenches[;)]

minicaver.jpg