Exclusive Hatch Project

MantaMad

Hi all, this is the first post on how my hatch is coming along.

It was driven daily for around five months but then got hold of another car so I could take this one off the road. Lots of bits still required would like to wait for billing to pick some bits up but cant wait that long! So if any one has a stash of bit for sale in the Bath/Bristol area I would love to come have a look. Any way here is how it’s going: (Ps: i apologise for my bad welding!)

imgp0160jx5.jpg

dscf0073in8.jpg

dscf0076dk4.jpg

dscf0072pm6.jpg

dscf0074tz2.jpg

dscf0077xz2.jpg

dscf0079vq9.jpg

dscf0069pq6.jpg

dscf0081kl2.jpg

Rich memb No. 5999

Yes I agree! That wasn’t long after I bought it (after a good clean).its always the same though, looks good on top but underneath are where all the nightmares come from! Will keep this post updated.

Thats a nice looking Exclusive you have there Quazzy,is going to finnished to make it too Billing?

quote:(Ps: i apologise for my bad welding!)
id="quote">id="quote">

That welding looks alright,you've got a full seam with a good bead,it doesn't look like a Chicken has run along the join Krapping!

quote:Yes I agree! That wasn’t long after I bought it (after a good clean).its always the same though, looks good on top but underneath are where all the nightmares come from! Will keep this post updated.

id="quote">id="quote">

Oh have been there before! i've delt with a few Mantas that polish up nicely and yet you could do a 'Fred Flintstone' with them there were that many holes in the floor!while you have the wings off it'd be a good idea to treat the inside of them with wire brushes,rust killer,red oxide and stone chip or what ever your prefered painting substances are.

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

Would love it to be ready for billing, but parts money and time remain the big issues. Still have the interior to fit, engine rebuild and get the spraying done, rear arches are the problem also replacing the o/s wing due to mounting rail rot. Putting a lot of money into her so the outcome should be good, just have to strip down so much to get a better outcome!

• 1 month later...

Yeh it’s the discs off a 16v astra (with some modification)and callipers of a cavalier, with the goodridge brake hose kit it adds the well needed stopping power the original lacks big time!

Quazzy, I'm in Bristol too, you wanna get over the bridge with me on the first Sunday of the month to the area meet and hook up with some of the Welsh lads. They're a good bunch and there's always plenty of expertise/ encouragement, especially if you're mid-project!

Forumwheel.jpg

'Gunman' on here also does 256mm vented front discs that fit straight on to the Manta hubs with the original bolts and no need for spacers for under £100 delivered if that's any help.

They use the same callipers as those in the conversion above.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.