Heck, may get this to Billing

opel2000

Well a few of you may know I bought a Boring Red Vinyl roofed Auto Square lighted hatch off of Ebay a while back.

Well I'd been trying to source a set of rims for this for a while now as the 13" ATS alloys look absolute sh1te on the car.

And have been thinking just how nice the car would look with Chrome bumpers, and the Chrome wheel arch trim replaced (missing when I bought the car, and the Black stone chip being painted along the sill and the chrome sill strip replaced (missing again)

A suspension drop

A set of 17"s

A new pair of front discs (currently shagged)

A quick engine bay dress up. (actually more involved than I first thought)

A nice PHAT! Zorst (tailbox) simply haven't got the time and money to get this off to Powerflow for a full system coupled with the fact they wouldn't replace the standard dia downpipes.

So the plan is to fit the wheel arch trim and replace a lot of the knackered side trim/bump strips and sill strips.

Service the piece o' sh1te as it is running abysmally slow, poss fit electronic ignition.

Dress up the engine bay tastefully, such as fitting a stainless steel expansion tank, battery cover, catch tank, rad tray, coil bracket, wiper motor sleeve and pretty much anything else I can come up with in the next few days [:D][:D][:D] Possibly not though really as it could end up a bit ott.

Main thing that has stopped me from doing this up to now was the total lack of decent wheels about that would suit this car. Been trying to order a particular set of Wolfrace wheels for this and basically they stopped making them about 3 weeks ago[xx(]

BUT just popped up to trusty ol' Motorworld and managed to bag a set of similar wheels to the ones I wanted and as such it is all go again.

Well here's a few piccies of before, just need my fecking chrome bumper to arrive from Opel Classic Parts to be able to really get this how I want it.

Hopefully the correct stance coupled with the correct wheels will really transform this car.

rh1.jpg

rh2.jpg

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way the engine bay could be ott and looking all wrong is when you have multiple and too many colours (basically how mine is). Chrome and shiny steel I think it's good to go over the top with as people will look at it for the right reasons. You may find a £35 K&N bolt-on will look much better than that air filter box. My own opinion naturally [;)] Very nice looking car Clive.

I was going to buy a similar looking manta on a W about 6 years back and it baffles me why all the red, vinyl roof hatches seem to be all automatic? Instead I bought a rusty exclusive [V]

banner.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/rick_manta

Must say Clive it does look good. I can understand that you want your car to look a certain way and this can be time consuming and a pain in the backside and considering the fine detail of your old V8 and knowing how you are i can see where your coming from,but at the end of the day Clive it is still a nice looking Manta even if its not how you would like it to be yet. Look forward to seeing it once all the parts you have got to go on it.

3494%3A%3C884%7Ffp37%3B%3Evq%3D32%3A8%3E764%3E%3B%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32355%3B%3B%3B53459vq0mrj Midasmesh giving it rear wheel action in the Staffordshire Moorlands. OMOC 5285

Heck! thanks fella's. Literally dripping wet here cos I've been non stop on it since I posted that original post (B4STARD WEATHER) Feck me this has just been turned into one hell of a nice car.

Still a lot to do but the transformation it went through this afternoon is absolutely stunning.

I would post a piccie up but in dire need of some real fags, and a bath and need to pick up my girlfriend, hence I don't have time right now.

TBH the car is pretty much as it is when I bought it off of EvilBay earlier this year, haven't really touched it.

Apart from sorting out a few of the bodges that have been done on it and getting things working such as the washers and the front headlamp wipers and washers and routing stuff around the engine bay where it should be.

And fitting bolts in the A pillar to hold the wings in place etc.

Would love to pick up a lip spoiler for this it really needs one, was bidding on one on Ebay along with MantaJock, but it started reaching a silly price.

Paint on the car is absolute dire, pretty damn sure it is just two pac base coat that has been buffed up, really should have had a lacquer on top I reckon, very difficult to get it to shine, and then it doesn't keep it, Also found some holes last night that need welding up [:(][:(][:(] how this got an MOT I'll never know....

AND STILL waiting for the chrome bumper from OCP [:(][:(]

lots of little niggley jobs on this to do yet as the bump strips are really bad in areas from people that did not know how to remove them and refit them, good job I got spares from the B series I'd been working on over the years.

Will try and get piccies up later, need to get off to work as I'm expecting a solution for the 1.8 sump to be coming through today, and damn cheap too, and i mean approx £80.00 for a RWD sump to suit the XE.

The car does look the part in tbe pics Clive, and it will be great that you will have a motor for Billing, I don't think bling in the engine bay will b a problem for you [:D]

http://www.mantamagic.com

OMOC N,Ireland Rep

id="blue">

opel-Robbie-sig1s.gif

OMOC 5706

Please dont shoot me it,s only an opinion not a demand

Email robbie @ mantamagic.com (without the spaces)

Do what you like under the bonnet but as for the outside of the car it looks great. Sure the alloys are 13 inch instead of over the top 18's, but the car looks good! Red, black and silver/chrome. The black inserts in the alloys make the wheels a million times better.

If you're really insistant on changing the alloys, even Halfords do a pretty reasonable wheel & tyre package now. Definately alloy rim with black centres,

About £300-500 new and fitted. Pretty good really.

Many Thanks

gte3-1.jpgPIC_0184-1.jpg

As posted by quarter life crisis "Definately alloy rim with black centres,"

Spot on, this is exactly what I had been looking for, but the wheels I wanted just weren't available any more.

And as per Mantadoc, must agree that black is supposedly more efficient at radiating heat, and do like my engines to be black. This one is currently Rust coloured.

Got new discs and anti-roll bar end links coming tomorrow, so the calipers will have a good clean up and lick o' paint followed by painting of the rear drums black, as someone had done an excellent job of painting them red (not me).

On the brake front I do have a set of Calibra turbo calipers and Discs that were originally destined for the V8[:(][:(][:(][:(] but it seems a bit OTT to fit them to a 70bhp Auto Hatch (actually feels more like 50 bhp)

Fortunately enough the car had a bump at the front sometime in its life, the tell tale signs are on the chassis rails as there are creases on each chassis rail from the bump, and it had a new nose fitted, the nose that was fitted was from an earlier 'B' and has the brackets for the indicators that were used for the chrome bumper models, so quite lucky there............... But not so lucky that the chrome bumper still hasn't appeared from Opel classic Parts.

Also a black infill strip was fitted at the front under the lights and nose, fortunate again that i have a brand new chrome item to fit.

a lot of "not right-ness" exists looking at the front of the car, and things need tidying and sorting too, bloody loads of stupid time consuming jobs to do on this.

Oh and where did I read that 13" rims are ok[:(][xx(][:(][:D][:D][:D] sorry but they are history. I just cannot be seen driving a car with 13" rims, what with corporate image and all that.

And they are Sh1t [:D]

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

things need tidying and sorting too, bloody loads of stupid time consuming jobs to do on this.

id="quote">id="quote">

I'll say it before someone else:

It is a Manta [:D]

Judging by the photos, I can only wish my manta might one day look not that right [:I]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

Not the best of pics and deffo not the best of bloody bumpers, but if the one from OCP does not arrive I'm gonna be stuck with this knackered old bumper for Billing.

Quite handy having an old shed of a B series to filch the parts from for the number plate bracket and the indicators that the black bumpered 'B' series never had.

rh3.jpg

Starting to look better sorry about the crap pic

Roger Windley at Tattershall has got two mk1 cavs, both with the chrome bumper on if its any use to you. Its an old fashioned yard with more cars than you'd ever imagine. If you came by mine one saturday morning i'll take you there. Could do with a few little pieces myself. Can my keen eye see some nice alloys on it in your last picture?

Many Thanks

gte3-1.jpgPIC_0184-1.jpg

Clive, not sure if you got my mail, but if you're not using those ATS alloys I could do with at least the centre caps and plastic nut covers. If you want to sell them complete with the alloys I'd probably take the lot. Let me know if they're available and how much you'd want.

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep & keeper of the A register.

I'd give them a ring and see what's happening Clive. They've always been prompt with my stuff.

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Its been about 4 or 5 weeks since i ordered stuff from them, i rung them up and was told that i would have my bits by the end of this week.

They are moving and are obviously finding it difficult getting orders out. I am in no hurry for my bits, its all for stock but i though i would let you know you are not the only one having trouble.

....Been stuck in airports, terrorized

Sent to meetings, hypnotized

Overexposed, commercialized....

Yes I should phone them really but keep getting my time took away with loads of hassles lately.

Anyway, decided to fit new discs, as the originals really were shot. AND stoopid me thinking the calipers were working well HAHA HA! what a muppet. They looked to have been fitted with new slides and new pads.

When trying to get the caliper and pads over the new discs it just weren't gonna have it.

Seems like the pistone were only just moving and the slides were absolutely shot in their bores........... WHICH I should have expected.

Fortunately i had a pair of painted dismantled calipers on the shelf in my garage, and ccouldn't remember why I never put them back together, until it dawned on me that I was short of a few dust boots, which could be took off the calipers on the hatch .......

so out in the bloody rain again I managed to get these fitted, and would have took a pic of them on the car but just didn't want to stand out in the rain getting the camera wet.

rh%20discs.jpg

Just posted this picce up under a different topic, cos I'm dead pleased with the lowered springs I got from TJM Motorsport.

Will try and get a full pic of the car up but it simply doesn't take a good photograph.

Wheels and lowered springs new shocks, new brakes up front, new wheels, chrome trim fitted on one side and the fecking black stonechip painted body colour on one side.

Just need the B4stard rain to stop again[:(][xx(][:(!][:(!]

proper%20springs.jpg

Hi clive i have a lip spoiler which you can have 4 £10+p&p.Quite soon i will be ordering more bits from you,so if u still need this part i will send 2u & u can deduct amount from that bill.

jascott