Going to get another one...EDIT Got it now

PassMeTheGun

On thursday I'm off on my way to get another Manta, standard F reg Exclusive Coupe with just 23380 miles and one owner from new. A few phone calls to the owner and it sounds to be in pretty good nick just needing a few bits tidying.

Its been off the road for 12 months due to illness but still starts and drives and has been kept clean and running throughout its year off.

Pics to follow..

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

quote:Originally posted by Mick

Its been off the road for 12 months due to illness but still starts and drives and has been kept clean and running throughout its year off.

id="quote">id="quote">

What was the cars illness[:D]

3-coupes.jpg

I had one once.. and now I have another! OMOC6044

Not a blue one, tis a Red one, cant have everything... will see how it is for metalworm then decide if its a daily runner as is or if its worth sorting it properly as a good one..

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

Was thinking the same Bendy,it still amazes me though sometimes,we here of Manta's with no milage on them,but some of them are like they've done 200,000 miles,strange.

Paul Ansell omoc 5963 (Birmingham)

Well I went and fetched it, mileage was wrong as its only done 21K [:D]

Bodywork is straight and solid apart from a badly rusted roof [:(] and a bit on the bonnet and sills which have areas that are still intact but a bit cripsy.

Floor chassis rails and the rest of the underside appear to be good with no sign of rot so thats something.. The paint has been touched up here and there but with a good wash and polish it will look far better. Oh and the GMC patch on the back gone too, painted on for some reason.

The interior is very good with only a tiny bit of wear on the edge of the drivers seat as you would expect, feels tight and positive to drive, even the standard brakes feel good! Best thing is it goes really well, very responsive and eager unlike most of the ones I have driven. The pics are as it was when I got it before I have cleaned it or anything so it will look better after the weekend... first thing that needs doing, get it lowered even just a bit at the back its like a 4x4!

PICT0262.jpg

PICT0266.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

PICT0267.jpg

PICT0268.jpg

PICT0269.jpg

PICT0270.jpg

PICT0271.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Just been a washed it and looks a bit better for not having green stuff on it, not sure yet Robbie. I think if I start pulling it to bits it'll be like all of them, needing a load of welding and it'll never get done so I might just get a bonnet, tidy the worst bits and use it, solid base good enough to enjoy driving it.

Going to have a proper look over it this afternoon but chassis is good, inner wings good, battery tray washer bottle area and footwells look ok, needs lowering though...[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Yeah one owner, 21K, every MOT apart from 2 every tax disc, FSH... means nowt as it looks like every other one...rusty roof and sills [:(]

Spent a few hourswith cutting compound and polish its looking better now, red not pink so thats a start... ex wife likes it, shame she aint gonna dribe it hehe... soirry Im a vbit fdrunk.. the gMc has goner

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

I like the old Carmine pink. A classic Manta colour.[;)]

Why not paint it olive green though Mick. It would blend in better with its surroundings then! The 'Combat Manta' perhaps?

Two thoughts for tomorrow:

1. To quote good old Oscar Wilde: 'Work is the curse of the drinking classes'.

2. Do not pist when post. You always regret it in the morning....[:D]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Finished polishing it today and took some more pics, in real life its red inthe photos due to the sun its still pink [:D]

Going to get a bonnet, paint the doors where the surface rust is (caused by clip on door protectors ironically) and the lower corner, I'll leave the roof for now dont want to open a can of worms...

PICT0273.jpg

PICT0280.jpg

PICT0279.jpg

PICT0278.jpg

PICT0277.jpg

PICT0276.jpg

PICT0275.jpg

PICT0274.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Mosto f the background cars are mine too.. The Landrover, the Cortina Estate and the Ascona, well thats sold but still in my care, also have a Citroen ZX as a daily hack [:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE