Mk1 Cavalier SRi130

1900SR

Yet another swop of toys at school with Chris Entwistlecymru.. First one Mk1 cav swopped for Ascona, now his my Cavalier for the Green B.. [:D]

Just needs finishing but the body and all the running gear is good, already plumbed for injection so will be easy enough to fit the SEH and sort the leather interior out, after that it'll be good..[8D] the XE was removed due to problems but the 130 will fit nicely.

100_1278.jpg

More pics soon

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1981 Manta B Coupe

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Thats the one, used some of my old pics and some of Chris's, good to see an honest description too, nothing there that I thought was made up.. Good car really, needs to MOT it to get £200 though

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

I'm interested in seeing this 130 engine going in as its what I'm putting in mine too.

The cav on ebay, was that for sale about a year ago? If it was I think I considered buying it[:0].

I'd buy it now too if it were near me[^].

If what I say can be taken in 2 ways and one of those ways get you angry....I meant it the other way

e-mail : mark_gunning@yahoo.co.uk

manta.jpg

OMOC 5817

quote:Originally posted by stradacab

And UMM comes back to this side of the country. I'll get to see it at club meets now!

id="quote">id="quote">

Which also means it'll get the light resto it needs which I didnt get started...

quote:Originally posted by gunman

The cav on ebay, was that for sale about a year ago? If it was I think I considered buying it[:0].

id="quote">id="quote">

Yes the Cav was for sale about Nov/Dec 05, I put it on the road in January 06

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Fitted the 5 speed box and prop today, got the raised tunnel panel to fit to make it a tidy job, may have found a sump too so I can get the engine fitted, after that its not much to get it running..[8D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

quote:Originally posted by Mick

id="quote">id="quote">

Which also means it'll get the light resto it needs which I didnt get started...

id="quote">id="quote">

yeah but by Chris, so it won't be any good...well I've never seen him finish a car...

only joking mate, yeah I can't talk and all the rest of it![:P][:P][;)][:D][:D][;)][:D]

South Wales Rep

OMOC 5643

mantaavvy.jpgmr2avvy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've washed it, fitted a 2.2 and done 2 days of welding on it you cheeky f**kers. When's your car gonna be on the road DAAARRRRREEEENN?! [;)]

I've excelled myself with UUM. I did all that work in 4 days and its back on the road and working properly. WOOHOO!

OMOC #5826..... 1974 Renault 17 Gordini, 1979 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 1981 SRB coupe - now 2.2 but looking for an SEH, 1985 Renault 4 Gordini Turbo, 1993 Senator 24v

And my GTE hatch is nearly ready for Tredegar too. I've polished the panels I haven't changed or painted primer over! It looks w*nk!

Darren, me and Chris have probably done more between us this weekend than you have in the last 5 years, and now you're off having a love affair with an MR2!

Forumwheel.jpg

Good man, bet its far better to drive now the engine works properly... Have to ask though, what welding did it need, I did a load back in April and thought I got it all [?]

I got a sump for mine now so the SEH will be going in the Cav soon..

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Engine is in, some bits connected, need to sort the gearbox lever hole and fit the taller panel. Then sort the wiring, need to adapt the MK2 Cavalier loom and make it come out over the Dizzy not the Cambelt end.

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Just drilled the spot welds and romoved the the panel from a scrap tunnel, cut the car tunnel and made a hole (nearly) the same shape ready to weld it in, thats enough for today, will weld and seal it tommorrow then the Box can go in permanantly..[:)]

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Some photos from today, I spent 4 hours modifying the injection loom to make it come out over the back of the engine instead of the front as it did on the the FWD Cavalier..

PICT0295.jpg

PICT0296.jpg

PICT0297.jpg

PICT0299.jpg

PICT0298.jpg

PICT0301.jpg

PICT0303.jpg

PICT0302.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Engine is more or less done apart from Exhaust and a few odds and sods. Just sorted the water pipes and radiator today, all the electrics are done ready to connect and then it big hole time for the loom to go through the bulkhead. Hope to get it running next week..

Gearbox, prop and tunnel panel all done.

Fitted Gas struts to the bonnet too, better then the mop handle I was using before.

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

PICT0308.jpg

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

Yeah, looks great Mick. A four-branch would set the engine-bay off a treat.

What'swith the photobucket ID ? "oldforfan" ?? [:P]

OMOC 5885

utterly deceptive twaddle-speak, says I

Will have a 4 branch when I can afford one, get a whole system, for now that will do..

Yes the name is oldfrodfan... I set up the account when I had the MK2 Cortinas and Escroats[:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

mk1cavalier.jpg

1979 Cavalier SRi130

1988 Manta Exclusive GTE

• 3 weeks later...

That's lovely Mick..........................Now give it back!!!!!!!!!

OMOC #5826..... 1974 Renault 17 Gordini, 1979 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 1981 SRB coupe - now 2.2 but looking for an SEH, 1983 Renault 5 Gordini turbo, 1985 Renault 4 Gordini Turbo, 1993 Senator 24v, 1994 Senator 24v

• 6 months later...

Thought I would have another go at this one too seeing as its been away for a while. Got the exhaust fitted, the ECU loom through the bulkhead and connected up, few bit of wiring and it should be a runner at last. Its a shame I wont be about in summer to use it, oh well, roll on summer '09