Mk1 Cavalier SRi130

1900SR

Mick, Just looking at what you've done, when I modified the loom to come out the rear end (ooh er) I ended up with too much loom and not enough manta. The loom is a right old length, just wondering what you did with it. I didnt fancy cutting it down any at the ecu end. I ended up doubling it back on itself and bolting it up undertheath the battery tray inside the car. I also put the ecu in the passnegers footwell (behind the chipboard ).

The Calibra seats dont just bolt on, I havent actually mounted them yet but its not very straight forward...

The Loom was swopped over and I extended some wires and shortened others to get it to a useable size. My ecu is mounted in the drivers footwell as in a GTE but up under the washer bottle area.. (yes its dry )

Ah, you must have sortened it a right bit. I used the existing hole from the GTE loom (you wouldnt have had it I suppose), loom comes out and goes along underneath the inlet manifold, only lengethening I really had to do was for the AFM and coil (coz I put the wires up the chassis leg) oh, and the oil switch too.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt have the extra hole for the wiring I had to make one.

I got it started the other day, connected the few last wires and fuel lines it started as if it had been run yesterday and sounds really good, smooth idle no noises or leaks, well happy now

Was going to post a video but forgot to take the camera

Shame you have no sound, its got a nice induction roar, the exhaust is a bit loud though. I have no idea about the springs, you will need to ask Chris Thomas, (entwistlecymru) as he fitted them...

• 2 months later...

Well even from Basra Im getting things sorted for this Been on Ebay, got a K&N 57i for it, few other bits I have my eye on, I hope to get the seats I have fitted, they are black velour with red flashes, good support and comfy as hell only prob is they will be for a, er, ahem........... Citroen ZX Volcane . either than or the Cally Leather but thats looking a right job to fit.

The Electric windows are coming off as the first time I tried them, took the window down a bit then back up, it got to the top and snapped the bloody cable.. Too much strength due to the gearing on the winding mechanism.

The exhaust is sorted for now, decent chrome inward rolled tailpipe on a standard box with the centre box removed, nice noise but not too loud, will look for a better system in the future.