Trying to find my old Manta,can anyone help?

As an old Manta nut,back in the good old 80's i spent many hours preparing and showing my Opel Manta B.This car was unique in the fact that down to the last detail it was a replica of Austin Mchale's Circuit of Ireland Shell oils 400.The Reg is CCP 88S,I say is because i have contacted DLVC who confirm it is still a valid registration.In 89 i sold it to a guy in Dartford in Kent,Has anyone seen it since as i would love to see the old girl again after all these years.

As they say you never forget your first love do you !!!

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone out there own or know the owner of:

PPJ188X - Silver 2.0 Berlinetta Hatch

B802VPO - Polar White GSi Hatch

I owned both of these cars, the first one between 1987 and 1989, the second one between 1990 and 1995 so if anyone is interested in any history from around them, e.g. the fact that PPJ188X was an insurance write-off when I disposed of it(!), I'd be quite happy to divulge any information I have.

All the best.

John

Bad news on all the Mantas listed above - CCP 88S,PPJ 188X & B802 VPO. All no longer exist - must have suffered the same fate as the first 5 Mantas I owned [:(]

I found this info out by going to http://www.rac.co.uk, click on the 'my rac' link and then register, once done you can do a number plate search on any car, using DVLA info, it tells you the type of car, colour, when registered and last change of owner but obviously the owners details are not revealed. Great for finding out about all your old cars.

David

http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk

That's a good link - thanks. Pity about those Mantas. I sold the Berlinetta to a Portsmouth garage after it had been written off. A year or so later (1990) I followed it for a couple of miles in the GSi - had troubel keeping up with it actually. The GSi I offloaded in 1995 for £180.00 - it was a bit shagged by then. Used to see it around Portsmouth now and again, but I haven't seen it since around 1999.

Good to see my first real motorbike is still on the road, changed owners in October 2000, 3 years after I sold it on. Unfortunately the one I replaced it with got nicked and still doesn't exist.

Funny how the Manta I'm collecting tomorrow was built 9 months after it's last changeof owner though

I've tried the number from one of my bikes on the RAC site (thanks for that, David !). It doesn't exist...except it does and I've got the bike and the V5 to prove it. So I'm not sure that the lack of a record on this site means the vehicle is no more.

Interestingly, my old GT/E Hatch (D644 SFM) is apparently still listed. Anyone got it ?

And I saw a Manta 1.8S Hatch on the road last night! Wow! If it's yours, one of your rear lights is out.

Cheers,

Joe.

I think the RAC site only gives details on cars that are currently (or recently) taxed, so the other vehicles may still exist, just be off the road. Maybe that's why Joe's bike didn't show up? It's also a bit out of date, I've had my A since the end of July, but it's on there showing only one former keeper (i'm the 3rd). My CC shows only 1 as well, and I'm the fourth! (mind you, the previous keeper only had it about a week.

Hmm, my non-existant bike isn't on the road and hasn't been since 1995. It is on an Irish registration (AOI XXXX) number although registered in this country. However, one of my others that hasn't been on the road since 1998 and is on an English number IS still listed on the RAC site.

Don't know what all this means I'm sure !

Cheers,

Joe.