Non-Manta project

d818anr

I know its not a manta but its the "other" car i always wanted. Its a rare 2 door Mk3 Tina 1971. Its got a 2.8 v6 lump in it and its just about to get the same treatment the manta got.

But the Manta is still and always will be the star

s1030105ik5.jpg

s1030106fc6.jpg

that looks mint, always a favourite shape of mine and brings back loads of memories of going out with my mate in his mums bright orange mk3 when I was about 7 years old! What is there to do on it Mick as it looks pretty much spot on already?

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

you lucky man! i've always hankered after a mk3 2 door but Life on Mars has killed any hope of me getting one i think. Same with the Dukes of Hazzard and Christine - always wanted a Charger and a Fury as well but no chance

What's your plan for doing the car?

Mick,what a crcaker! Really like that very much.Being ultra,ultra pickey,the ONLY thing i'm not keen on is that bulge in the bonnet,but i suppose that has to be there?Love the colour.

Paul Ansell omoc 5963 (Erdington Birmingham) 10 year manta project - NEARLY DONE!!

I had two of those as my first cars. Both were the 1300 versions and I think they were both the 2 door types too:

Cortina. 0 Rice Pudding Skin. 1

But I really liked them. The four speed gearchange was, and still is, the best I've ever tried.

A mate at work had a similar one to mine. One day he left his lights on. So I unlocked his car with my key, turned them off and locked it again. Happy days.

Good grief, I'm getting nostalgic for a Ford.[:I]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

EEuuuwwwww! a Ford! a Ford! Kill it! Kill it! etc...

Seriously though, get some old school muscle rims (such as Torque Thrusts or Magnums) and you've got pure baby-muscle car there Mick. Marvellous.

OMOC 5885

you're a** is gonna be grass and I'm gonna mow it

I don't care what anyone says that is one beautiful car! The colour suits it down to the ground as there's too many red and off reds. The inverted bonnet scoop looks great (plus it subtley tells others 'in the know' that it's no 2 litre pinto) Only you've missed out a couple of pics 1) the engine bay 2) the interior

PS how much is the bungalow up for opposite you? Looks like I nice area and I want a change of scenery!

newbana.jpg

CHECKOUT MY V8 VIDEO HERE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Djuq2xoCp1E

quote:Originally posted by Rick-Manta

The inverted bonnet scoop looks great (plus it subtley tells others 'in the know' that it's no 2 litre pinto

newbana.jpg

id="quote">id="quote">

In American Car circles it's called a "shaker hood". That, and the "coke bottle" shape where the C pillar meets the rear quarter inspired my earlier comments.

OMOC 5885

you're a** is gonna be grass and I'm gonna mow it

quote:Originally posted by Rick-Manta

I don't care what anyone says that is one beautiful car! The colour suits it down to the ground as there's too many red and off reds. The inverted bonnet scoop looks great (plus it subtley tells others 'in the know' that it's no 2 litre pinto) Only you've missed out a couple of pics 1) the engine bay 2) the interior

PS how much is the bungalow up for opposite you? Looks like I nice area and I want a change of scenery!

newbana.jpg

id="quote">id="quote">

Ill sort some pics of the engine out. Its a 2.8 V6 but i want to put a V8 in at some point. The interior, whilst clean needs updating. I plan to port some Grannie Scorpio interior into it.

The car is getting its brakes updated as we speak and is booked in to get a respray next week. I was toying with the idea of changing the colour and putting a regular bonnet back on but im having the same dilemas now that i had with the Manta b4 i painted it orange. Its a bloody nightmre...lol

And the area i live is really nice. Nr a place called Morpeth in Northumberland. The house has 3 bedrooms. I think they want 160k for it but check the website. Its a really quiet area and in the countryside

quote:Originally posted by PeteM

it's called a "shaker hood

id="quote">id="quote">

What do they call a bonnet with just two big holes cut out to clear airfilters and no scoop?

quote:Originally posted by MantaMick

is booked in to get a respray next week. I was toying with the idea of changing the colour and putting a regular bonnet back on but im having the same dilemas now that i had with the Manta b4 i painted it orange. Its a bloody nightmre...lol

id="quote">id="quote">

Noooo! What's wrong with the paint on it? It looks great and quite exclusive too.

If Mantadoc's South African penpal Sierra V8 idea doesn't take off then you could fit the Rover V8 nice and cheap and get this smart looking ford/cobra replica rocker cover and airfilter kit that I see everywhere for sale.

I know Morpeth, 160K is a great price (even I could get a mortgage for that) just outside Oxford similar looking 3 bed bungalows are over 400K[:0] I'd soon rather live somewhere a bit nicer and quieter than here but my commute would be a pain[:o)]

newbana.jpg

I know what u mean. I used to live in Greenwich and Hertfordshire so i kow what prices are like down south. I have 4 kids so needed a 4/5 bed house and ,well, thats a bit out my reach down there so moved back up north.

The paint on the car is fine but i fancied something a bit different. What ill likley be doing is a 2 tone effect with silver in remaining on 3/4 of the car and the roof, bonnet and some of the wings being another coulour like dark blue, dark red or dark green.....if u get my meaning. As soon as thats done i be getting some new wheels with as big a deep dish as poss[:D]

• 3 weeks later...