My manta transformation

Manta Nut

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll be an interesting first trip tho the petrol pumps. Practice your upside-down petrol dispensing now.[:D]

Looks very very good, paint looks like a decent job too. Someone who knows what they're doing.

Takes real balls to start cutting up a really good car to get a better one.

Wish my house move was next week, i cant wait to get the house im supposed to buying. Bought primarily especially for the double garage and space on the side to build a workshop. Dont let her indoors find out or there'll be hell to pay.[xx(]

Many Thanks

PIC_0675-1.jpgDSCN0414.jpg

1986 C STEEL GREY GT/E HATCH - LINCOLN LN6

Thanks for the comments,

Johnny5 - headlining is a custom order, trimmer removed the old headlining and used as a template to make a new one.

Quarter-Life-Crisis - ford bronco forgot to see that. Will learn to stand on my head to fill the car with petrol! [8D]

House move has been on and off for the last 3 months, then just when I need to spend time on the car in order to get it to Simon P am informed that we are moving next week!

g_gjikas - Use it like a road car, but its been off the road in the body shop for 7 months and after Simon P has it, should get it back in July. Already had 4 engines, all of which i have blown up except for this one [}:)]

Definitely think the Daily Mail is the best newspaper to use when spraying the manta as it keeps you awake on the job!!!!

(Sittingbourne, Kent)

Headlining fitted Saturday.

I thought that in order to get the car to a condition I could transport it I would take today off work.

Fitted all the interior, majority of dash and stereo install.

Just need to fit the central locking, electric window motors and door cars, and then make a new centre dash panel with new gauges / switches.

Anyway more photos attached. car is a bit dusty.

Rear light are a 'one off' custom, made by me, with 'AA' rear lights and drain pipes!!

04022008224.jpg

04022008225.jpg

04022008228.jpg

04022008229.jpg

04022008226.jpg

04022008227.jpg

(Sittingbourne, Kent)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Manta man thats 1 wicked job.

lesser men would have kept it the way it was and that was a super job..

I really like the idea of the smooth back end. very slick looking..

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

After considering the conversion with the two turbos, i decided that i would go in a different direction to upgrade the car further for Billing this year!!

So this is what it currently looks like. Unfortunately there was not enough room for the bigger engine, well not enough room to fit it in the best position!

Will be at billing this year.

30042009063.jpg

Just a update

Engine has been met with the long awaited gearbox!

Fire wall back in place and gearbox tunnel will be fabricated this coming week, together with a mock up of all the parts in position.

Then off to paint the week after and back together

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

Also moved the petrol tank!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...