Sutty2006 Posted December 19, 2007 Share Posted December 19, 2007 I thought id better make this a "my projects" topic rather than carry it on in general discussion. For those that dont know, i rescued this 1976 B series coupe (registration MRM 22P) from a front garden in the depths of Crackley in Stoke on Trent. Lets face it, I wouldnt leave ANYTHING sitting there even an old manta! So, updates i hear you cry! Well, I took the drivers seat out today. No seized bolts at all. Wierd. I removed the carpet from the drivers side foot well to find...... Everything. As it should be! I cant believe that all the original sound proofing and horrid plastic/rubber crap still intact on the floor. My first thought was the floor below had escaped from benieth, but on further inspection underneith i found chassis legs and jacking points. Odd, these cars dont seem to come with any. Ok, so the floors solid...so far... Theres a LOT of surface rust on the inside. The drivers side window has been previously put through and has beared years of wet winter days and nights, through rain and snow etc etc etc. I can peacefully say the back seats have HAD it. Theres been some small creature making a home in the fome (hey that ryhmes) so that needs to be BINED. I'l post up a picture when i find the offender! Ive yet to bail the water out of the passengers side rear footwell. I may do that next time im up at the garage as it gets mighty cold up there. I may be plodding on with this over christmas, so watch out for updates. Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.