1976 B series coupe

Sutty2006

Right, decision time.

Red hatch. Goes back on the road asap. Then gets painted. I'l keep a few spares for the engine.

Gold Coupe. going to get the welding done asap then put it to the back of the garage under cover and leave it for a 2 or 3 months.

Any bits i have spare will be flogged off.

------------

Drift on!!!!

OMOC 6081

mnta2.jpgMRM22P5.jpg

Good on you mate, like it has been said in the other post take care of your self first as the Manta will always be there for you to do when you are sorted.

3494%3A%3C884%7Ffp37%3B%3Evq%3D32%3A8%3E764%3E%3B%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32355%3B%3B%3B53459vq0mrj

Midasmesh giving it rear wheel action in the Staffordshire Moorlands.

omoc 5285

Based in Leek near to Alton Towers.

Well, me and welder took a stab at the old B this afternoon. Infact, we did more work in an hour and a half than I ever did in the last month. So i'l just stick some piccies up for y'all [;)].

Charlie started by attacking the o/s/f wing, which was hacked off with an axe (NOT!) Its suprising good, except the mass of cag to the front.

manta6.jpg

I removed the heater box, wiper motor and linkage and investigated the state of the battery tray and washer bottle tray. Only minor holes in the battery tray! Nothing that cant be fixed!

manta5.jpg

The washer bottle tray, nice.......

manta4-1.jpg

The a pillar, again suprisingly good condition

manta3.jpg

Most the bits we removed behind the DISastra van

manta2.jpg

And finally a picture of charlie again, grafting so hard he had to come up for air!!

manta1.jpg

------------

Drift on!!!!

OMOC 6081

mnta2.jpgMRM22P5.jpg

....sensible price you say [:P]

Keep going, you've gone this far with it, and just think what it'll be worth and how much you'll be envied by the likes of me when you've finished putting it back together!

I know how you feel, I'm nearly a decade older than you and I had to move back in with Dad and Mumsie a year and half after I got divorced. It sucks not having your own pad, but running one's a headache in itself! Having no manta is a nightmare though, so I'm going to be renting some land hopefully.

What do you do for a living? Mechanic I guess? Keep your project cars, you'll miss it all eventually and wish you'd kept at least one. Make a plan for the future job wise, you may end up being able to work for yourself or something you want to be doing until retirement. Even if it takes a few years, it's something to look forward to! As is getting your own place eventually!

newbana.jpg

CHECKOUT MY V8 VIDEO HERE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Djuq2xoCp1E

Thanks Rick, i do apreciate all the support you lot are giving me on here! In fact im now keeping both cars, just down sizing the amount of parts i have!

Rick, I work as a HGV mechanic servicing and repairing MAN and ERF trucks. Its a heavy job (explains the neck pain and back pain!) and when i spend 6 days a week on the spanners ive usually lost all enthusiasm to do any work on the cars.

I might book a few days off when i get all the parts to fix the 1800 and get it back on the road. [8D]

------------

Drift on!!!!

OMOC 6081

mnta2.jpgMRM22P5.jpg

You need a pain killer and a massage!! Heavy work! I guess it's the type of job you can't do forever as you'd have the back of an 80 year old osteoperosis sufferer by the time you're 30!

Glad to hear you're keeping 'em, you could just keep the B and look at it as an investment...and 1800's will only get rarer!

newbana.jpg

CHECKOUT MY V8 VIDEO HERE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Djuq2xoCp1E

Put it this way as an example, today ive lifted a twin plate clutch (2 friction plates) into an ERF doing it on my knees. This all with a flat bed above so no chance of standing to do it. This i dont plan doing all my life as its bloody hard work!!

I'l be keeping both mantas as ive put too much blood, sweat and cups of tea into rebuilding it!

------------

Drift on!!!!

OMOC 6081

mnta2.jpgMRM22P5.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well after a while sat in the back of my garage gathering much dust and bird crap, i have begun to start work on this motor. I now only have 2 cars in the garage so theres room to work on it lol!

I bought a granada V6 and ripped the engine out to make an interesting engine conversion for this manta.

Fingers crossed i can afford to fix my old phone and get some picks up asap.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Wow. Holy thread resurection bat man!

Ive decided to have a go at getting some work done on this car. A fair few years have passed, and the majority of the welding has been finished. Just got a few small bits to do now. So far ive painted the engine bay (3 times after first two coats reacted) and ive rebuilt a front axle off another B coupe that got broke a few years ago. Im glad really, as the original front axles engine mounts had been cut off and welded back on the wrong way round....badly. So that'll go in the bin. Rebuilt axle going on tomorrow. Engine bay isnt perfect, but it'll do to get it back on the road.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Thats the plan. If I can get the engine bay done I can put an engine and loom in, and get it mobile. The exterior bodywork can wait until I can afford to get it done. Because right now, ive no money 😅

Another productive day today. Took the old gaitors off the reconditioned steering rack, cleaned and re greased. Fitted new gaitor kit but had to remove the grommets off the old rack first.....

Next up, The axle got fitted. Had to buy new nuts for the main axle mounts as lost the old ones. They're in that safe place..... you know the one.

Forgot to take all the washers up to my unit for the swan neck bolts (because this axle came off the donor car without fail (odd as they usually seized in place) so thats tomorrows job. Also fitted new track rod ends and the brake servo....

• Like 5

looks nice, about that save place:

My wife collects those plastic boxes (ice-cream, vegetables...) so I can tag all those parts and put them away in a cupboard.

And after some years I find it back cause I need a plastic box for another project. But sure those parts were save! 😁

20 hours ago, spiney_norman said:

I'd like to say "At last! Jesus Sutty, get it done, it's been long enough mate!" but that would be massively hypocritical of me. So I'll say it's excellent to see some progress and excellent for me to get some inspiration to get mine sorted :)

Do you know what’s given me the most inspiration to get this done??

fed up of paying car tax. I’m going to get this done, then take the red one off the road as restore that .....until it’s 40 year old. 

• Like 2