1976 B series coupe

Sutty2006

18 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Free tax rocks, you can run a v8, redtop, bmw and still boast its cheaper to run than your hybrid box.

I had toyed with the idea of putting a 1.7 Isuzu Turbo Diesel in as I’ve got an 1800 box in my shed...... but I’ve decided against it at the moment. That would be an epically cheap motor to run 

• 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, IanMc said:

I just noticed the aerial mounting hole in the front wing, was that the standard position on the Manta B?

Not sure. This manta had a 6 ft aerial coming out of there and a hook on the C pillar to keep it in check. I’ve ditched that. Might put another aerial through it or put another wing on. I want to try and keep as many original panels as possible. 

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 01:05, IanMc said:

I just noticed the aerial mounting hole in the front wing, was that the standard position on the Manta B?

Looks about right to me:-

Its so you can reach out of the window & pull the aerial up..

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by plumster
add text
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Three areas for ariels.

Rear quarter panel, front drivers wing, and roof, best option me thinks.

I would prefare none, they just look naff, would would a shark fin look better! 

My 92 carlton base spec had the aerial in the windscreen. Took me ages to find it! 

This narrow body is looking neat, never thought id say this but prefer it over a kitted version, simplicity and a nice touch with 8 inch wheels. Always thought standard wheels on any model of manta are too narrow.

Nice! 

8x7x2v.jpg&key=9b701559992b22f3dd25532f50f5993423d2a9e84a5fe0d598e3e472f391aa28

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 4

A small amount done today. Repainted the brake bias and fitted it, along with some new brake pipes. Only mock fitted a master cylinder so I could make the pipes up. Also fitted another heater box as the old one was cracked. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, garymanc said:

Good to see you getting on with it seems along time since I picked up some bits from your workshop and it was lurking in the corner 😀

Done a lot of lurking, this one has 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Not really done much on this of late. Been too busy fixing my landrover 🙄. I’ve started painting the floors inside. I’ve pulled the buggered old loom out and been deciding which to refit. I’ve got a manual, or automatic loom. What differences are there between them? The manual loom is pretty ropey and it’s been cut instead off feeding it through the body to remove. The auto loom is one I removed from a 77 coupe a while back and is very good. 

You'v got a Landrover? Defender or MK1-2-3? Love those cars, they bring you everywhere if it is old enough. Later models can have some electrical issues.

The loom: I know the autobox has got a safetyswitch so you can only start the engine in "P". Maybe a possibility to safe the car against theft?

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

The loom: I know the autobox has got a safetyswitch so you can only start the engine in "P". Maybe a possibility to safe the car against theft?

Good call, just bang a switch on it, nice move! 

Manual has reversing light switch on gearbox, and weird waring for clutch adjustment, non is essential. Im not too hot on electrics, i can wire a redtop, but cant wire a radio? But sometimes surprise myself. 

On 11/05/2019 at 18:03, H-400 said:

You'v got a Landrover? Defender or MK1-2-3? Love those cars, they bring you everywhere if it is old enough. Later models can have some electrical issues.

Two discoverys. A 1995 300tdi and a 2005 D3 V6. Both are shit. Well, the D1 is definitely shit but it’s an offroader. The D3 is good but terrible on fuel especially when towing the caravan. 

30 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Looks nice and strong doesn’t it? A little skim of filler and that would be good to go.

Well done!