1976 B series coupe

Sutty2006

• 10 months later...

Haven’t done a lot on this car for a while. Last job was send a master cylinder off for repair and it returned a month or so before lock down. I will be getting all the front brakes sorted tomorrow. Then i really need to sort out this arch and rear quarter. But I’m crap with making good repair panels. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5

Small amount done tonight. Fitted back plate to offside front and caliper with new pads. 

then took the 4mm thick filler off the o/S/r quarter. No idea why it’s been filled there’s no debt really. Just a small amount of welding. Arch on the other hand needs welding. Got another arch to cut up but unsure where to cut it out as the rust ends on the swage line. 

• Like 4

So while concentrating on the front brakes the offside pipe bracket on the chassis is missing. This was cut off and not refitted when I had the legs welded some years ago. Asked a few folk to cut one off for me but got bored waiting so I made one out of 2mm steel and had my mate drill a 17mm hole for the pipe fitting. Tomorrow it gets welded on. 

• Like 3

Fitted.

and painted

Then I’ve made both front brake pipes. Made one side twice as didn’t realise I needed a double flare on both ends and had to re flare the nearside 

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Not much has happened on this project. Lock down has meant I can’t go up to my unit to do anything, other than gather tools. I picked up my 2.0 engine and brought it home to freshen up. Ordered lots of bits from edleschmeed which arrived the other day. Mainly gaskets, pos and neg wiring, thermostat etc. They even sent me a brew, which was lovely. think customs opened it thinking it was weed. They were probably disappointed. 

• Like 4

Edelschmiede gives always a nice service, and indeed always a small present.🎄 The Belgian "Gendarmerie" (Federal Police) did once a search in my house cause there was something stolen at the barracks and they found my weapon collection (ofcourse not the licenses) and "herbs" in small linnen pouches. They thought they had a big catch, untill I explained my mother gave me those filled with lavendel to keep my wardrobe fresh😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, H-400 said:

Edelschmiede gives always a nice service, and indeed always a small present.🎄 The Belgian "Gendarmerie" (Federal Police) did once a search in my house cause there was something stolen at the barracks and they found my weapon collection (ofcourse not the licenses) and "herbs" in small linnen pouches. They thought they had a big catch, untill I explained my mother gave me those filled with lavendel to keep my wardrobe fresh😂

What weapon collection is that then? I’ve always wanted to collect ww2 deactivated rifles n stuff. I really want a mk2 bren gun to hang over the fire. 

That was years ago, allways had something with weapons. Had a M16 Commando with folding stock, a normal M16 rifle, a Kalashnikov, a Mauser K98, Springfield Remington .30-06 sniper rifle , Thompson sub machine gun...All in working order and with licences.

Only things I have left over is the Springfield and the Thompson. When I was just in service we had still the Thompson and I fired it several times. I was also gunner of this:

Edited by H-400
  • Like 1

Tried another pic😄.

Thompson is popular cause it's used in the '20's as a gangster gun, Garant is pretty fine. Same ammo as my Sprinfield and semi-auto. Got just to be carefull with reloading if you don't want to be bitten by the bolt

• Haha 2

Slow work on the 2.0 engine today. Lifted it up and took the sump off. Oil wasn’t that bad considering it’s not ran for a long time. Sumps a little dented and rusty so I’ve got my spare out but it needs cleaning. Will do that at work over the weekend. For now, it’s on the bench so I can clean it up and replace some seals. 

first seal to go, rear crank. 

a little grease round the spring to help it stay put 

and Bob’s your uncle 

A lot of paint to get rid of. 

• Like 5

Oil level raiser fitted today. 

I’ve refitted the covers with stainless steel spring washers, so they don’t work loose over time. New gaskets too. Now I can start on the front end. Going to get the aluminium parts clean and shiny the rest painted black. New front crank seal to go in too. 

• Like 3

Today I’ve been hacking away at the manifolds. Remains of old downpipe cut off. Only 3 of the 6 pipe bolts have survived, the other 3 snapped. So I’ll have to drill those out. Bugger.