Sutty2006

1976 B series coupe

Haven’t done a lot on this car for a while. Last job was send a master cylinder off for repair and it returned a month or so before lock down. I will be getting all the front brakes sorted tomorrow. Then i really need to sort out this arch and rear quarter. But I’m crap with making good repair panels. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5

Small amount done tonight. Fitted back plate to offside front and caliper with new pads. 

then took the 4mm thick filler off the o/S/r quarter. No idea why it’s been filled there’s no debt really. Just a small amount of welding. Arch on the other hand needs welding. Got another arch to cut up but unsure where to cut it out as the rust ends on the swage line. 

• Like 4

So while concentrating on the front brakes the offside pipe bracket on the chassis is missing. This was cut off and not refitted when I had the legs welded some years ago. Asked a few folk to cut one off for me but got bored waiting so I made one out of 2mm steel and had my mate drill a 17mm hole for the pipe fitting. Tomorrow it gets welded on. 

• Like 3

Fitted.

and painted

Then I’ve made both front brake pipes. Made one side twice as didn’t realise I needed a double flare on both ends and had to re flare the nearside 

• Like 4