1976 B series coupe

Sutty2006

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

Yes they are Sutty, and they have the square silentblock as on the other side

I can’t find a picture of these mounts anywhere on any other CIH Opel. It’s strange. I’ve just been to check a friends 1979 GTE 2.0 and it has these mounts, like pretty much all other B1 mantas. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Thanks. 

Ive seen the later CIH has one alloy mount on the left side, and the 1.8 mantas have alloy both sides. Not seen anything with these style mounts. Can’t see them being custom made as they are very well made! 

On 12/04/2021 at 10:12, Sutty2006 said:

Ive figured it out. These mounts are carlton CIH 2.0/2.2 mounts. So im going to need manta ones. I have found a picture of the 2.2 i rebuilt for my Rekord and it has the same mounts fitted.

Ive got a pair of steel mounts if you need them mate👍

• Like 1

On 14/04/2021 at 14:22, fullsunian said:

Ive got a pair of steel mounts if you need them mate👍

How much Ian? I can’t find any at home or up my unit so looks like I need a set. 

in other news. Slow progress on the engine. I’ve fitted a NOS water pump, wanted to convert it to viscous but will see how I get on with the solid fan. Manifolds on, just waiting another bolt for the inlet to exhaust. Thermostat fitted too. Also awaiting clutch kit. And I’ll refurbish the starter motor in the next few days then that can go on. Then it’s engine in time!

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

currently struggling to get a large flange exhaust down pipe gasket. I bought a large flange gasket off edelschmiede but it’s still too small, like the gasket I’ve already got. Which has annoyed me somewhat. 

• Like 1

On edelschmiede the gasket I need is listed as a C24NE 2.4 gasket. No wonder I got the wrong one. So I’ve ordered another. 

time to start on the gearbox. It seams to be in good condition already. Have adjusted the selector rods to sit better. And given it a quick clean. 

before 

after 

Hard to keep a good momentum on this project. Waiting for parts is the big set back. Especially when you put an order in from Germany then realise you need more parts and are sick of spending 18 quid on postage each time. Haha. Today I’ve started cleaning the gearbox and better get a starter motor working. Starter that came on the engine throws but doesn’t spin. Pulled a spare starter out from under the bench and this one throws and spins. So I’ll clean this one up. 

On 17/04/2021 at 17:09, Sutty2006 said:

How much Ian? I can’t find any at home or up my unit so looks like I need a set. 

in other news. Slow progress on the engine. I’ve fitted a NOS water pump, wanted to convert it to viscous but will see how I get on with the solid fan. Manifolds on, just waiting another bolt for the inlet to exhaust. Thermostat fitted too. Also awaiting clutch kit. And I’ll refurbish the starter motor in the next few days then that can go on. Then it’s engine in time!

currently struggling to get a large flange exhaust down pipe gasket. I bought a large flange gasket off edelschmiede but it’s still too small, like the gasket I’ve already got. Which has annoyed me somewhat. 

Just the cost of postage and a few beer tokens mates

Today I r been mostly doin engine work. The flywheel off this engine had an 8in clutch, I tried an old knackered 8.5 and it fit. So I had a go at cleaning it up. I can’t get anywhere at the moment to have it skimmed, but the DA sander did a pretty good job. The lip is so fine you can’t feel it. So that will wear in fine. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

What is the P bolt? 

surface is fairly even, but might borrow DTI off my dad before I chuck a clutch on it. Just wanted to get a few spots of surface rust off it. 

Would be worth checking now as when they judder it's just annoying rather than a critical problem, although it could reduce the life of the clutch

• Like 1