0peli400

i gave it a little wash today...

exc001.jpg

exc006.jpg

exc005.jpg

exc004.jpg

exc003.jpg

it came up quite well i think!

she now stands me at 580quid inc the MOT, i think it'll need quite alot for its next mot (welding[xx(]) but if i don't spend much on it in the year i think it'll be a cheap bit of fun for me[:)]

location: north wales. McRae tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSu-D1W2wA

exclusive003.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely but rather to skid in sideways beer in hand, chocolate in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "What a Ride!"

• 2 weeks later...

as i'm taking the car to race retro in 2weeks i thought i'd better get some miles in to see what faults it has, i did 120miles in it today and the only things i could find wrong were oil pressure is a little low when hot and a bit of a whine from the diff...oh and it likes its fuel too

so all in all not bad

• 9 years later...
On 1/6/2008 at 09:45, fjz400 said:

Hi Yes ChrisB your right my car is f250 lgs and if you look in welcome new members you will see the other car from this family the white f249 lgs.

As it says in that post I did do some Digging as to the cars origins years ago and found a few things out about them but basically if my info is correct they used to be the vaux/opel show cars that did the big ones like the motorshow and pressdays all the other lgs's were used by directors and other top'ish dogs from the Luton plant.

Hi Everybody. I just joined the forum today  since I recently bought the car I've always wanted, a Manta. After doing a quick Google search of the registration I stumbled across this thread. My car is the white F249 LGS and would love to know more about its history.I'm trying to bring it back to its former glory and would love to hear more about this family of cars and see any pictures that people may have of it.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:55, SydneyMike said:

Hi Everybody. I just joined the forum today  since I recently bought the car I've always wanted, a Manta. After doing a quick Google search of the registration I stumbled across this thread. My car is the white F249 LGS and would love to know more about its history.I'm trying to bring it back to its former glory and would love to hear more about this family of cars and see any pictures that people may have of it.

Looks like your car has been off the road for a tad over a decade, good luck with the car as i,m sure its a unique one going by fjz400,s post, the post fjz400 mentions must be gone from the database as there is nothing in the new members section prior to this post in 2008

• 2 months later...