My first car & project

fjz400

Hi everyone im Pat Pat Hovell and as im too young to get my own sign on im using my dads.

This is my exclusive coupe that mum & dad picked up for me today.( they are getting my other manta hatch for me tomorrow).

Just a couple of pics for now as it was a bit late when they got back so I will get some better ones tomorrow and tell you all about it once I have had a good look at it with Dad. At the moment it looks as though it needs the normal exclusive welding (chassis, bulkhead fottwells.)but its far too low at the moment so until we can get it jacked up not 100% sure on all the welding. So if anyone wants a lowering kit( 100+mm lower) please feel free to make me a sensible offer. But then again this is what the hatch will be for as that is beyond repair and will fund the car in parts from it.

Patscar003.jpg

Patscar001.jpg

Thanks Ive got to go to bed now.

Hi everyone

Well managed to get to have a good look at the car today with Dad so now I know for sure that it needs a full passenger sill,jacking point and footwell, front chassis leg repair and on the drivers side footwell, chassis leg and in the waterbottle area. On the plus side Dad & Mum picked the hatch up for me today also and it is full of spares. Including some very good/nearly new flat hella's 2 full sills, loads of brand new GM parts gaskets , bull joint , decals, steering gaiters geerbox gaiters, hatch rear shelf and more and more and more.

So heres a few more pics of the new donor car oh and me in the coupe.

Patscar004.jpg

Patscar006.jpg

Patscar009.jpg

Oh Quater life crisis yep my parents are pretty generous but I paid for the cars out my own money & what a bargain they both were.

Bye for now storey makers is on followed by in the night garden prime time TV for a lad of my age.

Hi Pat Pat, my name is Anthony, and like you i am to young to get my own log in.

Can you tell me how you managed to get your mum and dad to buy you a car, as been trying to get dad to buy me one. My sister says she wants a "Pink" Manta, and i want a white one.

Bye for now as it is way past my bed time.

Anthony

hi Pat Pat, who's a clever boy then!! i noticed you already had the rear seat out of your manta - im struggling with mine maybe you could give this old boy some pointers as im worried i may lose all my hair before i discover how to remove it. Oh and while i have the rachet handle do ya fancy taking off the wings and sending them my way? could swop em for my transformers lol. Dan

Pat remeber what your mum says that your too young to do any welding, get your dad to do it anyway thats what parents are there for anyway isn't it.[;)][:D]

3494%3A%3C884%7Ffp37%3B%3Evq%3D32%3A8%3E764%3E%3B%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32355%3B%3B%3B53459vq0mrj

Midasmesh giving it rear wheel action in the Staffordshire Moorlands.

omoc 5285

Based in Leek near to Alton Towers.

Hi

gte-me that was the easiest bit I struggled with undoing all of the bolts so Dad had to start them off for me. All you have to do is give the bottom half a push from the front to release its lock ( remember its got one on either side ) and then once you have this out lift the tags that hold the bottom part of the seat in these can be found by the seatbelt anchor points and then lift upwards finished. Sorry but the wings are virtually brand new and they will be going back on the car.

Hi Anthony My mum and dad didnt buy them I did after saving up I did want to buy a motorbike but I think for now these are better.

I was ill all last night but im better now but as Im not going to my school today I will do some more on the cars.

Pat pat

Hi Pat, its Uncle Andy. Now dont let Daddy tell you what to do! Remember, I'm ready to fit the screens, dvd player and playstation when ever you want. Get the important things done first. Night Garden in the car through some big speakers will be great!

The donor hatch looks ok as well Pat, is that going to be your daily runner?[;)]

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

Thanks uncle Andy what a great birthday present your getting me all those fad toys to play with but what I really need to know is how to fit a scalextric track into one.

Technical Question now from dad what gauge should the floor pans be made of 1 ,1.5 or 2mm he thinks it should be 1.5mm.

The Hatch well its a cr4p car but for some strange reason mum really likes it just a shame its past saving.

Anyway as I havnt been to school today I found this.

Patscar020-1.jpg

I will hopefully take a look at the drivers side tomorrow.

Pat pat

Pat its a pity the hatch is no good as when the back seats are folded down you have a nice flat platform for your scalextric, just some mdf and screw the track down to it and away you go.[:D]

Must say thou i have seen alot worse floors than that repaired so tell your mummy to get on to your dad to save it, go on you know it makes sense.[;)][:D]

3494%3A%3C884%7Ffp37%3B%3Evq%3D32%3A8%3E764%3E%3B%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32355%3B%3B%3B53459vq0mrj

omoc 5285

me thinks pat is attacking the coupe floor!

Good job uncle andy got that large bottle of welding gas for the price of a 6 pack of Becks the other day!

carsmall1.jpg

Andy Turner a.k.a Fat Southern B'stard membership no: 3783

"its all going flat cap and walking stick instead of Rally jacket and bottle of beer....."

Yep young Pat was attacking the coupe floor and it is the savable one out of the two. Dont put idea's into his head Mesh or he will be attacking my daily runner which is a hatch.[:D]. I bet you cant wait for baby mesh to arrive and to be tinkering with the cars. Yep it should be ready in time to trailer it to yours this weekend Andy to have a welding fest on it[;)].

not sure what other people have used but i'm using 1.5mm to repair the floor on mine. i've ordered a 3x1 metre sheet, only 15quid for the sheet and i'll have loads spare(i hope[:D][:D])

location: north wales. McRae tribute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSu-D1W2wA

small.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely but rather to skid in sideways beer in hand, chocolate in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "What a Ride!"

Thats good enuf for me I will get the same thought it would be that, how bad are your floors then like Pats or a bit better/worse? the drivers side is the same but also there is a small hole in a very strange place its where the ball of your foot would rest if you pushed the brakepedal to the floor quite high up.Im sure pixs of it will be on here quite soon as he's just opening all the holes at the moment.

i'd say mine were a little better but they most probs be alot bigger by the time all the rot has been cut out. i need to do both floors and both chassis rails on mine, i should be starting the welding on sat[:)]

some more pics of you coupe would be nice[;)]

small.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely but rather to skid in sideways beer in hand, chocolate in the other body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "What a Ride!"

Yer I know I keep telling Pat to take some but he just points the camera at himself. Hopefully should be able to get some more in the next few days like engine bay etc but as its Pats car I make sure he's doing the bits with me and unfortunately he wasnt very well yesterday so did very little on it the passenger footwell was as far as we got.

Watch this space[;)]

Hi All

Well its down to mum to post the pics as the boys are sick[xx(] so they might not be what you want to see. Anyway the first pics is especially for Mesh look out on german ebay for them they were available when Opel were racing in the DTM so you never know one may crop up. Yep little overals with a little touch of Opel.[;)]

Patscar045.jpg

Patscar039.jpg

Patscar040.jpg

Patscar042.jpg

Patscar043.jpg

The engine bay actually looks worse than it is I think it will be out with the engine and a dam good clean in there.

Tracy Oh MY i am already surfing i want one for the new arrival, Aleksandra is going to kill me but what the Hell.

Must say i can blame it on yourself. Cheers [;)] [:D]

omoc 5285

Just a quick update as the weathers been a bit S"%t and wet not had a chance to get the xmember off yet but used the time to clean and paint the engine and replace the bottom end gaskets and seals.

Patscar063.jpg

Patscar062.jpg

Hopefully get some more done on it over the weekend and get it ready for welding.

engine looks tidy mate[:)]

don't forget to get some pics of the welding when you start!!

i'm startin on mine tomoz!

exclusive003.jpg000_0076_edited.jpg

colintribute.jpg

Pat Pat daddy seems to have taken over the commentary, don't let him take over your project you build it the way you want it (my other half keeps doing the same) scalectrix, playstation and all.

It's looking good though.

Suz

Hi Suzy

I know I hate it when he takes over im meant to be in bed now but mum has let me stay up a bit.I had to go to school today and the weather was bad when I got in so havnt done any work on it today but did enjoy a few hours on Sunday taking bits off the donor car. Im hopeing Mum will get the front cross member off for me at the weekend so I can get the jet wash out again thats good fun and im waiting for Uncle Andy so I can borrow his big bottle of gas for the welding.[:D] Anyway I will try and get some more pics posted soon and Dad this is my topic hands off.[;)]