LDV 131P early 'B'

Does anyone know the owner of this car please? It's apparently a modified yellow 1975 B, currently with a 2.2 engine, and registered on 13/11/1975.

I'd love to get in contact with the owner to have the details for the B Register, and especially to know the chassis number.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Joe.

OMOC 3348.

Keeper of the OMOC B Series Register.

Please log into this site from the Home page. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

If it helps this is a poor quality picture of the car from my video of Billing 2004 or 2005. I have it on video from a previous year when it was white. But as Joe says according to the DVLA it is now yellow.

DSC01327.jpg

Yes I will restore them dear. No you can't have the garage for your new freezer!

This used to belong to former OMOC member John Lennon for years. I think he sold it about 95ish and I haven't seen it since. Has been white, yellow and blue in the past.

Hope this is some help Joe

National Meetings, mem 5067

IMG_1473.jpg

'91 Senator 24v, '86 GT/E hatchmanta.jpg '84 Monza GSEmonza.jpg'83 Monza 3.0Smonza.jpg'79 Manta Centaur, '79 Ascona SRascona.jpg'72 1.6S A-series

Thanks chaps. I wonder who has it now?

Cheers,

Joe.

OMOC 3348.

Keeper of the OMOC B Series Register.

Please log into this site from the Home page. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Any more pics of this car? I am slowly working on a mantzel kitted car. I guess there isnt many mantzel cars in the club?? The gallery shows this one and 2 others, are they still on the road?

Rgd

Gerry

quote:This used to belong to former OMOC member John Lennon for years. I think he sold it about 95ish and I haven't seen it since. Has been white, yellow and blue in the past.
id="quote">id="quote">

It wasn't that long ago when I saw it at Billing on the OMOC display. The first year I have it on video was 2001 but I'm sure the last time I glimsed it on my camcorder video was in 2005.

According to the DVLA it is still licenced or SORN.

Yes I will restore them dear. No you can't have the garage for your new freezer!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second that. I'm still very keen to get the chassis number from it so I can see if it's earlier than my 1.6, if anyone can put me in touch with the current owner.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Joe.

• 4 weeks later...

I know who owns this now, last Tuesday i had my Manta at work as i was taking it for it's MOT and a chap came in asking who the Manta belonged to, he said he was in the club and owns LDV 131P plus a black coupe, his username is sideshowbob and i think he said his name was Jason. So probably didn't sell it last year.

How you doing mate,yeah your email would of gone to my old address.

only just got the engine so not in car yet,will see how things turn out

Like i say if someone does come along with the right offer,and most of all

is prepared to take on this car i would let it go mate.

cheers jason :thumbup

Jason has now replied to me (thanks again Sir!) and I can confirm that his car is a little older than mine as it is about 400 digits earlier by chassis number. That may well make it the earliest B left in the UK.

Exciting times indeed!

Cheers,

Joe.