Project "J"

stradacab

Wow can't believe I'm flapping about changing my auto box, you are obviously not afraid of a lot of hard work,

Love the colour , I had a white rs2000 mk 2 when I was younger, I always loved the look of the white rs in ci5 the professionals, so I had to have one in White, the car looked a lot better than it drove though, so did not keep it long,

But the white and black detailing always looks great, nice choice of colour, all the nasty hard work is done, fair play, I'm sure you are going to love putting it all back together. If you want my standard gtj wheels for your car there yours,

• Like 2

Car was painted yesterday and after this has the door shuts painted too, it has had one more coat over the bonnet roof and boot to add extra shine and is pretty much all finished.

Next job into organise getting it transported back and then begins the slow but very pleasant job of fitting up.

imagejpg2_zps39c62321.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsc0efc6bf.jpg

imagejpg6_zps271f5ede.jpg

• Like 8

looks great james  :thumbup can i ask is the sun roof standard or been cut out.... reason i ask is my gtj has a sun roof but looks like its been cut out.

It's been cut out. There was a tin opener sunroof in it before but I had to enlarge the hole to accept the be one. It is a big roof, a Webasto Topslider Large which is wider that the factory roof by about 40mm so it is ideal to replace rotten roofs too. If you see Stradacabs GTE project thread you will see detail of the unit and how I fitted it on that car

I have a spare roof skin in stock so I could have done away with it but I deliberately wanted a sunroof and the Webasto has a more factory fitted look and slides back on its runners.

Wow can't believe I'm flapping about changing my auto box, you are obviously not afraid of a lot of hard work,

Love the colour , I had a white rs2000 mk 2 when I was younger, I always loved the look of the white rs in ci5 the professionals, so I had to have one in White, the car looked a lot better than it drove though, so did not keep it long,

But the white and black detailing always looks great, nice choice of colour, all the nasty hard work is done, fair play, I'm sure you are going to love putting it all back together. If you want my standard gtj wheels for your car there yours,

Thanks, the idea of Polar White was exactly that, black decals on white is the best combo to show the detailing off that makes the GT/J. The darker green lost the contrast.

Thanks for the offer of the wheels, they are off an early MK2 Astra SR so are quite rare. If you look at the earlier pics you will see that I have a set of the original Rostyles that I bought off Dave. They will need blasting and repainting. Apart from the sunroof and Irmscher spoiler, outside is staying standard (which is why I offered you my ATS Classics cause they were an option but I want it boggo!)

Edited by stradacab

Not got much done due to family commitments and work this week, but got one evening and this afternoon in and made a start (but it only came back Wednesday)

I think as it comes together it will gain momentum but at the moment I still can't find all of it and i need to build it up in the right order so I'm feeling my way in. Trying to put some of the bulky items back in to free space

Irmscher rear spoiler fitted

image.jpg3_zpsqjdffjqg.jpg

Building the bulkhead up, sound deadening, heater box, wiper motor, speedo cable

image.jpg2_zpscfunogds.jpg

Bitumen sound deadener, and fuel tank back in

image.jpg1_zpsvg5756kz.jpg

• Like 3

This week I have fitted the floor sound deadener but have had to order another batch to finish the trans tunnel and boot floor.

image.jpg1_zpsumufy0bs.jpg

Pedals are fitted along with the servo and new clutch cable. I have also fitted the locks.

Next job was the wiring loom, I have cleaned it all up and begun the job of feeding all that spaghetti into the right place. I can't remember where it all feeds but luckily I have EJO to look at for reference. I have extended the courtesy light wiring as the sunroof trim just fouls it so now it's in the middle of the roll over bar instead.

Lastly I have rubbed down, masked and painted the rear panel. Chris got me the correct paint made up which is Mica Black pearl 60% gloss. This is the same for the chin and the Rostyle wheels.

image.jpg1_zpsuyhwfguy.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsdqdjvkur.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsmhe1al09.jpg

• Like 2

Fitted the rear lights to start clearing my pile of bits (still loads I haven't found yet)

image.jpg1_zpsfaax9lvi.jpg

Then turned my attention to picking up some more of the black detailing that goes around the windows. Doesn't look much but it takes ages to rub down mask and prep before paint

image.jpg4_zpscdks6iuq.jpg

image.jpg3_zps1tqgq0qj.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsowsipeed.jpg

• Like 7