My Project, GT hatch (PAINTED!!)

Sutty2006

Ok, so i cant find the old topic i made when i first came on here but for those who remember my red GT hatch 1800 here are the latest stats

I finished putting a new head gasket and new head bolts on and generally cleaned all mating surfaces up to stop and leaks.

Me and welder threw the engine in today!

24022008366.jpg

And now only needs some last bits buttoning up and she'll hopefully be on the road soon!

24022008367.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welder with the trade mark grin, tell you what guys give him a hot cup of coffee and a pack of fags you got twice the man power!!

Welder.jpg

And my ugly mug. We've grafted hard this weekend (sunday afternoon) This beasty will soon be on the road..... then off again, then on again.... etc etc

steveo.jpg

• 1 month later...
Just got this old girl running. New fuel pump sorted it out!

manta444.jpg

Im going to Geneva in this on a road rally through the alps finishing at the Nurberg ring. Hope it goes well

4 uck me Sutty, if charlie fitted the engine I'll give you to the bottom of your road before it all goes wrong

hahahahaha none of you were right. It hasnt even got out of the garage before alls gone tits up again!

Went to start it this afternoon and there was a bang from the starter and now it just spins.

WELL PI55ED OFF NOW. Sick of things going wrong before i even get it on the road. :hair

:brick

Well the starter amazed me. I had the car over a pit and was attempting to take the starter off. Only it wouldnt come out. Id done it before from underneith but this time it just wasnt having any of it. So i put the same starter back into place, buttoned it all up and hey presto! Kicked in good and strong.

Took it back to my workshop and it wouldnt kick in. Diagnosed it down to a dodgy king lead to the distributer. So i put a 1600 pinto king lead on and it fired in!

Getting a clutch cable and new leads tomorow!

• 1 month later...

Ive been badgering away at all the little jobs on this car this week. Ive bodged the clutch cable to work for the time being untill i can sorce a new one. Ive also been tweeking with the carb as its over fueling and have fitted some new antiroll bar links.

rollbarlinks.jpg

This picture shows the new anti roll bar links, along with the carlton 2.2 disks and vectra calipers. KYB shockers on the front, (bilstein tarmac rally shocks on the back)

She'll HOPEFULLY be on the road next week as im off all week! Whoooop whooop!

ROYALLY P1SSED OFF.

Gearbox needs to come out now as the clutch is slipping like a penguin on ICE. Only, its a new clutch. At first i thought it was the rediculasly worn clutch cable, but when i put another cable on that was 10x better, it still slips.

:brick Not a happy chappy. :hair:hair

If memory serves me right, the "smaller" side of the friction plate said "flywheel" on it. The larger side would not fit up against the flywheel.

I Think the rear crank seal has been leaking for sometime, but ive done about 170 miles in it since the last rebuild and this has only just happened. Perhaps the rear seal has completely gone and its contaminating the clutch? I know when you bring the clutch up it bites down at the bottom.