Looking for a car ? please read !

paulmanta

If you are looking for a Manta/Ascona/Mk1 Cav, please dont forget to include the following points :

1 : describe the condition you are wanting, taxed, MOT'd ? which model is it you want ? do you want a minter or a project ?

2 : tell us where you are in the country/world.

3 : tell us how much money you would like to pay for it, what your budget is.

4 : tell us if there is any other details you fancy, stereo, different alloy wheels, a bigger engine (or smaller) is it one owner from new, that sort of thing.

5 : And once you have found the car please let us know and we can delete your wanted ad to save the section getting cluttered.

best of luck !!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I've been looking for a standard manta gte coupe for at least 10+ years and looking back I have missed a few great cars of which I should have bought years ago!! I now am familiar with the problem areas like the sunroof, floor pan,chassis legs, and the lack of trim spares. I've been looking for so long now and am in no hurry to buy until the right one comes along, and I know it will be worth the wait! I'm looking for a standard GT/E coupe, Y,A, B, C reg with no sunroof and the brown check reactor seats. Ideally white, silver, red, or a F reg manta GT/E exclusive with no sunroof issues [bIG ask I know!]. Would like a current MOT. I'm willing to travel to see the right car. My budget is 3.5 - 4k. Is this possible on this budget? I'm hoping someone on here can help. I've looked at the ones on gumtree and e bay and they are all two rusty or over priced. I'm no mechanic but a little work needed would be ok. Any advice would be appreciated thanks Mike.

Cheers for the reply!

I went to view the red exclusive coupe in Bolton Ainsworth about a month ago. It looks decent in the pictures in car and classic but the roof was rotten,the only thing holding the seats up was the carpets, the floor pan was non existent as were the sills and jacking points. Front cross member and inner wings rotten also the boot floor and boot lid catch were gone to rust. Too big a project for me I'm afraid. It needs a talented welder.All I can do is keep my eyes open and I also just joined this forum for some extra help and advice! Here's hoping! Cheers Mike.

Good luck in your search, if I'm honest, for good condition original rust free GTE manta, I'd say you'll need a budget of £6k - £7k plus now.

And that's if there's such a thing left even. Wish you luck, hope you find the right car.

Dave

• Like 2

surely the taylorblue5 exclusive is a serious proposition, and at just under 6k for a condition 1 coupe that's seriously good money,especially when you consider that there is a hatchback on fleabay for more at the moment. :blink:

Edited by evo3000

My max budget at the moment is 4k, I have been viewing Taylor blue5 manta on his posts and wishing it was within my budget. Nice clean looking manta.

That's a shame,as it was not that many years ago (less than 5) that you could buy restored coupes for 3-4k.

And it was about 10 years ago I came across a mint black exclusive coupe :wub:  bar a small scratch on the roof that had been touched in by someone who clearly should of gone to spec savers,

with only 23k from new still had the new car smell somehow,anyway I later found out that the dealer who had it (steve hughs newtown) sold it for wait for it..........................................................£2800 :o another one that has slipped through the net.

Anyway that window for the 3-4k coupes has long been closed :mellow:  good news for sellers :D bad news for buyers :(