Manta metamorphis.

Shuviteer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well the two weeks turned into five months !!!!!

He got another helper,and a bit of progress was made today.Took all the rear built up wings off,the front wings and the 'meshing ' front bit.

Then the genuine Irmscher front wings and spoiler were trial fitted and apparently the lines match up perfectly.................as to be expected.

It is going to the sprayer in the next day or so so he can do the engine bay,then back for the engine and the rest fitting.Any more bits of body work sorting out then the 400 kit fully fitting.Just hope the Matting nose cone (same as the one on the Bastos rally cars ) arrives from Germany in time.

Bit reluctant to say, 'maybe finished in two weeks' as it took five months from last time.

Oh yes, also got a Supercharger from a mini to get fitted on at some point,along with a big valve head.

The Jenvey throttle bodies I've got (55's) are a bit too big for the manifold so will be going on fleabay in the next day or so ,along with a few other bits.

OOOPS, nearly forgot to put the pics up !!!!!!!

STEVESMANTA002.jpg

STEVESMANTA005.jpg

STEVESMANTA006.jpg

STEVESMANTA003.jpg

STEVESMANTA001.jpg

STEVESMANTA004.jpg

STEVESMANTA007.jpg

STEVESMANTA008.jpg

STEVESMANTA009.jpg

The colour is an old Hillman shade used on their Avenger Tiger, it's called Wardance Red.

Cool project!

Was definately needing a 400 kit as someone said earlier.

Will you run the 400/exclusive boot spoiler or go with the smal rubber gte one? I think they look suprb with the gte one meself. All personal preference though.

Kepp up the good work, and more pics!

Neil.

what a improvement with that mesh removed

Well,waiting for the nose cones (two different types ) to arrive.Sadley I'm not doing very much work,so no money left ! Haven't even been out for a drink in over a month !!

Supercharger will have to wait to be fitted later this year or sometime next,as will the nose cone if it doesn't arrive before painting.Even cleaning up the engine is now on hold due to the lack of funds.

Shuviteer

have I had too many or is that a mk1 nose cone?

Question 2 (pun post)

Is the person in the photo smiling because;

(A) he thinks it's a braw motor and it's an honour for him?

(B) he thinks your mad?

© Its you in the picture and you 'know' your mad?

he he keep the good work up

I managed to pick up a reasonable condition 400 bonnet on Sunday from an auto jumble. For the grand sum of 20 quid !!!! .Then realised I might not get it into the car to get home.

Length of bonnet 42", available width on a slope in rear of Calibre..............42" ! Bit of a shove managed to get it in and attached a few bungees to hold the lid down, job sorted . :thumbup