project A

well ive finally got round to putting my a series on here!!

i bought it on 31/08/2007 and used it as my daily car until last month when i pulled her off the road to start the project.

the spec at the moment is as follows;

1975 series A 1.9 SR

bodywork is standard apart from an after market sun roof (soon to be removed!) and a pair of engleman mirrors. oh and manta b alloys

the engine;

1.9 bored to 2.0

bottom end lightened and ballanced,

stage two head and cam,

webber carb,

K&N,

2" stainless exhaust,

filter king fuel boost pressure valve.

work will hopefully start in the next month,

a new roof,

custom kit,

engine conversion,

respray,etc. . . i'll keep you posted.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

well i finally got my bits from dr manta, they got lost at the depot, i got 2 new sills and 2 new door post skins. im hopefully going out tomorrow to get my new engine (its a secret)

when i do finally get started on my manta i'll have a few things for sale like my engine, box, prop, axel etc... i'll post them all on here before i put them on ebay incase theres something u guys want. :thumbup

• 1 month later...

well ive got a new engine, not sure if im guna keep it tho, its a pontiact gto 6.6L v8 engine with 325bp so its got a lil bit of power to play with, jus gota squeeze it in the engine bay!!!

i got my other manta running today, i got it as a non runner and it hadnt been started for 12 years, needless to say it was siezed solid! got it free'd off, put a battery on it and hotwired it and it started straight up to my amazment! i had to pour fresh petrol directly in to the carb as the fuel lines have been cut.

i love old cars, there so simple!! lol

if your not 1st, your last!!

shake and bake!!!