Work starts on the mk 2 , V6 A series.

mantaray

• 3 weeks later...

Yes wiring loom needs a bit of sorting out.

I have moved some electrical components and will be re routing the loom, so it will need some changes made. I am just laying it out so I can see what shortening or extensions i need to make. I have just ordered £80 worth of wire and connectors.

I hate car electrics !!

Spent the last 2 days and late nights sorting out the loom on the A. It's been over 8 years since I removed it from the car and like an idiot I didn't make any notes as to what goes where and the fact that it is not a standard A loom, due to modifying it when I fitted the V6, it has been a case of having to bell it out with a multi meter.
I have also made some alterations to the loom as parts of it will be re-routed to try and tidy the engine bay up a bit.
Hopefully I will be able to finish it tomorrow night after work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not had much time spare to work on my Manta, with work and the NEC show, but a bit more done.

Bumpers are now fitted.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I have also been having a look at trying to tidy up the dash. I recovered it 15 yaers ago and it is starting to show its age. At the moment I can't afford the £600+ cost of getting it professionally re covered, as i need to get the door cards done and they are more important, so I have had a go at a bit of repair work to the dash.

Not perfect, but a lot better.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After spending many hours cleaning parts, I have managed to get a bit more done..

Head lining now fitted,

with the head lining in I was now able to fit the window trim, also both door glass fitted

Rear axle back from blasters and painted.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Managed to find a bit of time and space to do a bit more work to the A.

Injection intake system, striped, washed and painted.

Found a striped thread in the block where the oil pressure sender unit screws in, so had to get a M14 x 1.5 Helicoil to sort it out.

Just glad I found it while the engine was still out of the car. :)

The engine and box are now bolted in place. Engine ECU and starter looms fitted & coolant system sorted.

Engine turns over on starter, so at least I know I got that bit of wirering correct. ;)

It gradually getting there, but I seem to spend half my time looking for parts that I should have, but can't find.

• Like 1

Thats the plan, Kevin. But as we all know "best laid plans and all that"

There is not much more I can do, until I get some bits back that have been sent out. Hopefully have rear axel back soon after a full rebiuld and LSD fitted, but also waiting on calliper brackets and stiering arms.

Need to get a prop sorted as well, but untill I have the axel in I can't take any mesuments, and still not sure what will be the best configeration. The axel is inefect 4 linked with no torque tube, but keeping the cross beam with a centre bearing. So will need a slider between axel and cross beam.

But it should not be long now, hopefully.

• 2 months later...

Not updated for a while, been living in the garage the past few months and not had the time.

Well the car is now well on it's way and I hope to have her MOTed by the end of the month. I an waiting on a custom prop at the min, but have been told it should be ready next week. Once I have the prop fitted then the rear axel and exhausts can go on, and she will be a rolling/driveing car.

I still have the dash and front screen to fit, but I am also waiting on a new dash which I hope to have before Billing. But if not then I have an other dash that I will fit in the mean time.

Custom ajustable pan hard rod in the making.

Custom track rods and drop links.

and fitted.

Rear brake callipers are Astras

4HA  axel waiting on prop shaft.

Exhausts.

Referbed wheels with new tyres.

Painting the stirring wheel.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2016 at 22:15, mantaray said:

Looking very nice. What is the washer bottle off of? been trying to work out where to put one on mine as i have lots fuel pressure stuff for the injection where the normal one would go and that looks like a nice slim one?

Andy