Paulmanta's Blue V8 Coupe project.

paulmanta

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George, the Borbets are 7.5X16, i tried the 9s off a mates Golf first and they would not go on the front.

I have done so much its hard to remember it all, I should do more updates really.

I just looked through this topic and now remember i posted a bit about this car on VXopel and the Greek site, I need to update there too.

Why you removed the 9X16 Paul??I used to have the same wheels at my manta.Front and rear 9X16 the same offset ET15.

215-40-16 tyres.The only problem was that you must roll the arches,the car feels too slow and you get a VERY hard steering wheel!!

Anyway you paint them perfectly and matches perfectly!

I had no idea about these air bags before!

Once i remember an article in a english mag,about a white manta coupe with air bags,owner was some like,eh Paul Something,paulmanta..

We also read english mags in Greece Paul!

By the way you look like a greek man.Summers in Greece people must speak greek to you

Nice job with the car,keep showing us those shining bits!

Paul...........Sure is a cool looking car, almost finished as too.

Like the contrasting colours used in the engine bay. :thumbup

Interesting to see the airbag suspension, have seen cars with it, but not known what hardware is required till now. Are there also bags on the rear, if so do you have a dual air circuit (like brakes) where you can feed a different pressure to front and back to ballance the car:?:

Look forward to the road report on the bags compared with springs.

• 2 months later...

Another update.

Man the list of small jobs this car keeps throwing at me is mad, still got a couple of brake pipes, fit the air tank and the compressor, do the remaining water pipes, fit the drivers side manifold fit the clutch pipe and slave and bleed it all.

The prop shaft has been an absolute swine. the one i had for the car was 2 inches too short, ths is because i moved the engine and put in spacer plates so i didnt have to do any bulkhead changes, upshot is that the prop had to go the Reco prop, they are normally very good but they really faffed me about this time and took a month to retube it and send it back.

While it was off being done i decided to take the V8 off the ramp and put the A series back on as i was still set up for welding from doing the tunnel in the V8 and hey, the A needs love too. well that meant that when the prop came back the ramp was now blocked up with A series (still is) so progress has halted again while i weld up the tunnel in the A.....