Hello

Hi, Thought i had better join a Manta club as i would like to buy a Manta early next year. I know im starting off early but thats because i know nothing about them and i would like to have a little knowledge behind me lol ie little things to look out for and things that are renouned to go on them, im not new to vauxhalls in any way, could say i have been brought up with them, I own a Mk1 SR on a C plate she's lovely twin 40'd up with an AST3 Cam straight through exhaust to name a few mods lol, im not into bodykits, massive spoilers, sound systems or anything alike, i like sleepers.

Any help as to my quest for a Manta would be greatly appreciated, im looking to buy one that has been restored not a project thats what this nova's for

Thanks Rory

hello there and welcome,

good to have another on board, nova sr nice old school motor,

what sort of manta are you after ebay always brings up some nice examples, but your best chance is in here post a topic and something is bound to turn all the best with finding a manta,

and a quick bit of advice you dont have to be mad on here but it does help,

Cheers fella thought it best to start early lol, your not far away from where i work actually im in Barnstaple, i would like a dark coloured GTE with the four light conversion and a few sublte mods good to see another nova on here too lol.

Cheers fella thought it best to start early lol, your not far away from where i work actually im in Barnstaple, i would like a dark coloured GTE with the four light conversion and a few sublte mods good to see another nova on here too lol.

yep got to keep them alive to, my gte is is another project that i use as a daily driver, what do you do for work in barny,

yea thats right james where slowly collecting numbers down here in good old devon

im working in Chivenor atm im driving their massive trucks lol as i said in my profile im an Aircraft Engineer by trade, Im in the Navy aswell lol, which is why i might change my whereabouts all of a sudden but not for a while yet, it would be nice to have another vaux in the area it seams to be XR2 owners in Barny atm i like them but only in my mirror which is where they normally are lol

Hi roryRN .

My old man ( God rest his soul ) was in the Senior Service

for 27yrs . So I know what you mean about moving around a lot ...

A lot of Manta's are converted to the 16v RedTop c20 xe , let & turbo etc engines . a few V8's 2.4's and more rarely the 3.0 ltr 24v . The Manta suspension set-up is ideal for bendy twisty lanes and Roundabouts.......

Give some consideration about joining the club @ £25.00 pa ( £26 with PayPal ) 10% off your classic car insurance , VX trade card discount . 4 quartly magazines , the members only section ( gets a bit chaotic/heated sometimes) , Billing . Our annual VOAB Meet ( you won't see more Manta's in any one place anywhere else I promise !) It don't take long for the membership fee to get recovered thru' various discounts / benefits......

From Betty........Who's a Bloke.....

EDIT :

I don't know why Ive given the info on what engine mods

are done , I think I mixed you up with another post I was reading

earlier .................

Hiya Mikey i did wonder how long it would have taken you to realise i joined here lol yea i want a Manta for a new toy when i get back off deployment, Dad wants me to have a Monza but i want a Manta lol, i would have put a post on JOV but i dont think half of the people on JOV know what a Manta is lol I love that place so much lol plus i think itll be the only Manta we will have within JOV anyway enough about that lol,

Hi BettySwallox (had to read that twice lmao)

What did your Father do on the Navy??, Pleased someone else knows its the Senior Service lol (the Army really dont like that lol) Im not too bothered about what engine is in it NOT a V8 though lol aready got one/two of those in the family lol, i would like a Red Top one or a standard 2.0 job with tweeks lol im looking forward to going out in the back lanes with one but i dont think ill be tear assing around till i get used to a rear wheel drive car again lol although the Nova sticks to the road like something to a blanket lol i think i will become a full member as it can only help my leviathan of a quest for a manta lol