manta exclusive coupe 1988 E cassablanca white

steve price

hey guy's sorry havnt put any more pics up. Having trouble getting them to up load on to the site. Anyways i bought this 1988 manta exclusive few weeks ago from up in oxford. After a nice long drive back i started to take few things off it and rebuild it. Took the bumpers off and the archs and skirts. Also took the headlights out. I have got sum new bits for the car now aswell such as , twin headlights , brand new set of wing mirrors from germany and had brand new stickers made up for the car. Will post sum new pics up asoon as i can figure out how to put them up.

• 4 weeks later...

top man thanks

i finished the back end this morning,waxoiled the inner rear arches,new boot seal,fitted and bonded the spoilers on.went to the front end wax oiled the inner front wings valence,behind the lights etc,refitted front bumper and lights,had the wheels refurbed to original spec,englemanns to fit ,wheel arch and sill extensions to fit,tons more to do,keep ya posted as it goes

again thanks to gary for posting the pics for me

steve

thanx gary,

today took off both door cards and waxoiled inside the doors,took the old mirror panels fibre glassed then filled and painted matt black refitted and replaced door cards,finally before i left 8.30 ish fitted both n/s and o/side sills and arch extensions,i really wanted a good fit so they were bolted onto the sills and i decided to bond them on as well using white polyurathane tiger seal ,thats the same stuff they use to bond in windscreens,looks awesome,will send the pics on (gary),this car will be used daily and not left in the garage,2morrow plan to fit the englemans,then the new decals,done all the work in my own little workshop,prep and sprayed the arches and the bonnet,wasnt happy with the finish so decided 2 get a proper paint job,they charged me 800 quid,(worth every penny) well happy now,

steve :

doe's look good,should be getting my car sprayed soon,been quoted between £800.00 and a grand so far ,so price wise that seem's the norm,just hope the job will be a good one

get plenty waxoil on the underneath :thumbup

here goes,took the car down to locap paint factors vin plate says E474 paint code which is called cassablanca white/ glacier white saw the different shades of the colour myself and there are several variants of the same colour,when i took the car down to pro paint shop i asked them to spray the car the same colour as the boot spoiler as it was the original and mint condition again the colour came back as cassablanca white, it is the blue tinge in the white and not the cream white,anyways it looks awesome

coming close to finishing my car was cream crackered 2day so no further progress,theres allways 2morrow though? as i said before not looking 2 make her a meuseum piece,i want to use this baby daily!i am however on the look out 4 the interior carpet as mine has a tear on the drivers side plastic bit where your feet rest, can anyone tell me where the englemann mirrors fit i know its on the doors but where exactly,she needs valeting,englemanns fitted,decals fitted, interior carpet (would be nice) but not essential,also woul like to find some original overmats,then out and about the bridgend area in rainy south wales

thanx everyone

steve