Dolphin coloured manta B Reg D619 AHO is it still alive

Hi i sold my first manta a few years ago to danny on this forum. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was scrapped or sold. He put it on ebay but i dont know where it went after that.

If anyone can help i would be glad.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

From the DVLA

The vehicle details for D619 AHO are:

Date of Liability 20 06 2004

Date of First Registration 01 11 1986

Year of Manufacture 1986

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1979CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREY

Vehicle Type Approval null

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £101.75

12 Months Rate £185.00

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to tell you but all it means is it hasnt been declared scrap to DVLA, I have searched for my dads old cars from the 70's and 80's that were rotten then, they still come up, last taxed in 1983 for example....

It could be sat on a drive somewhere or may no longer exist... they dont give info out about owners unless its for a hit and run for example.

Hello, i bought the car but decided to sell it due to restoring my manta coupe, and didnt have time or money to do the hatch, the guy that bought it said he was going to restore it but after a few months had gone buy i saw parts of it turn up on ebay, turns out he just stripped it. Dan.

Yeh i rebuilt it to an extent. Fresh head gasket, skimmed head and gaskets all round. fresh degunked inlet manifold. All new stretch bolts like your supposed to, rather than reusing. New fuel lines back to front as well. Only just got it started not long before you came round to have a look thanks to gary and his mate having a fiddle with the dizzy.

Left the bottom end alone because it all looked fine.

My new one has a fresh low mileage cav sri engine in that is hopefully going on bike carbs. Got some bits of rot to sort first but its dropped on the floor with a solid sunroof.

I think that one is a proper exclusive. Mine was just a gte with the black writing on the side unfortunately. The right colour and type though. The lad who bought it says its been killed off by the guy he sold it to. Ripped apart for spares on ebay.