Manta Hatch

opelscott22

Ive been browsing round this site for a while, so its about time I contributed somthing!!!

I bought this Exclusive hatch a while ago but been busy with my two Vivas to do much with it so I was going to break it, but had a change of heart and got the welder out instead.

Its rotten in all the usual manta places,front chassis legs,sills,rear arches,wings and inner wings but its only metal and it can be repaired!!

Been going at it the last few days while the weathers been good. lots of rust in the eyes and welders suntan!!

DSCN0664.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

scott

Loads of welding going on there Scott but everything is looking good at the moment, car is getting nice and solid again, not fussed on the rims though sorry, i just prefer deep dish rims on a old scholl car.

If you keep going though the rust the way you are going its going to be really solid

Got two Vivas, a hb nd a hc...

the HB has a standard 1256 chevette engine, lowered on superlights and is my everyday car, takes me 30 miles to work every day....poor thing!!

Since I got it in march its had a respray(driveway standard...) rebuilt gearbox,rebuilt engine,new glass seals, new headlining, exhaust,wheel bearings and a front disc conversion.

DSCN0668.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

the HC is an ongoing project, bare metal resto, got a 20XE on throttle bodies and DTA management, type 9 close ratio box, RX7 alloy 4 pots and 260mm vented discs. cant wait till its finished!!

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

had a bit of progress with the manta, been making a new jacking point for the passenger side, turned out no too bad...

DSCN0672.jpg

the weldings now almost done, got a scabby bit on the front panel to sort then its wings on and start filling the back arches in....fun job.

Kieth, visitors are always welcome!! no car swapping allowed though!!!

scott

Thanks guys, not much done to the manta recently, the weathers been poo here. got a bit of filling done on the drivers side rear arch,I hate that job!!

does anyone have a set of lowering springs kicking about?? seems that you can only buy a whole kit with shocks aswell,budget wont stretch to that so Im stuck for now...

scott

Hi Scott,get in touch with 'TJM' on here mate,he does lowering springs (without shocks).Looks like your making real progress on the hatch there.Good to see your Viva's,both look great,and that respray looks cracking to me bud. :thumbup

• 1 month later...

Quick update, the cars now on the road. I sold my Viva so Im now using it for work. Its luxury motoring compared to the Viva

one problem though, Ive got sticky calipers and cant free them off properly. Does anyone know of a caliper thats a straight swap? or does anyone do a kit for a vented disc conversion??

Ill put up some pics of the car tomorrow.

scott