Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

Built the headlighs back up and fitted, including using bike inner tube for new rubber surrounds (front bumper still loosely on atm)...most of the interior is back in and even had time to start tidying up the engine bay...

headlights1.jpg

headlights2.jpg

interior1.jpg

newengine.jpg

Edited by Devil Fish

• 2 months later...

Been a bit preoccupied with a little v6 mr2 project, (the now trackday car instead of this!) tee hee, I do like my rusty 80's cars :lol:

stealth2.jpg

but I'll get back on this after billing... hopefully with help from Mr Stadacab :thumbup

Edited by Devil Fish

Been a bit preoccupied with a little v6 mr2 project, (the now trackday car instead of this!) tee hee, I do like my rusty 80's cars :lol:

stealth2.jpg

but I'll get back on this after billing... hopefully with help from Mr Stadacab :thumbup

My mate nabbed a nice little red 1600 one of these with a couple of faults for £400 sheets, so what's the engine lifted from? Is it lifted with box?

Idle curiosities really.

3ltr v6 1mz-fe from Camry, gearbox from the 90's mr2 n/a... lsd from the turbo gearbox...

really bloody shifts! :o:D:thumbup

Yep Doc, mk1's are insanely cheap... great little cars, this is my 3rd but easily most powerful! Have a look at the twobrutal forums for more info... some crazy engine conversions going on over there..

Hey Stu, hope all is well with you good buddy.

Edited by Devil Fish

• 3 weeks later...

Rick, it was cut from a scrapper, (and it was a replacement on the scrapper too...so its original origins are unknown, most likely off another scrapper!)

And yes, its a later type. I still have the nose cone that was taken off my car, but it is more filler than metal and the lower valence has allready been reserved.

Project on hold as James is on hols, and then Billing!

Did the nosecone come of a silver gte hatch ? E811 LDD ?

I sold the nosecone off my old valver to go onto that car, that was replaced when my car got bumped in 89/90

Mark

• 1 month later...

Nope sorry Damo, been messing about with the MR2 track car, resigned to the Manta not being on the road til March/April next year now

Though I do have this gazebo on loan very kindly from a top club member... so may get the Manta out under it once the mr2 is done)

brakes1.jpg

How about yours!?!

Edited by Devil Fish

• 4 months later...

This project is properly back on now... after languishing in the duldrums for a while due to garage size and crappy weather (and the japanese distraction above) it's back in Stradacab's garage so we can crack on and get it finished.

Massive thanks to 'Big Chris' for transporting it over to Bristol...

P220111_1006.jpg

:):):)

Edited by Devil Fish

This project is properly back on now... after languishing in the duldrums for a while due to garage size and crappy weather (and the japanese distraction above) it's back in Stradacab's garage so we can crack on and get it finished.

Massive thanks to 'Big Chris' for transporting it over to Bristol...

P220111_1006.jpg

:):):)

And I should think so too, was about to give you some serious slagging off for doing so much work and then getting distracted by some bloody Jap Crap er ahem, even my skyline takes 2nd place to my Manta when it comes to work and expense.

Seriously though mate, good to know you are getting back on with this with all the HARD work out the way, but as you well know I know, the finishing and attention to detail can take so much time as well.

So our weeks worth of work in a cold garage has heralded the following results:-

We've realised that there are some sunroof parts missing that were not returned from the bodyshop. Luckily they still have them sitting in a box so they are being mailed up here, but that's slowed us down before we hardly got going. We can't start the headliner either for two reasons 1. We don't have one (long story!) and 2. I want to fit the sunroof first. I need to be sure the roof is all complete and builds up properly before I start. Could always talk Darren into a new electric spoiler roof I suppose but I don't really want to start chopping the roof skin now its all painted.

Daz is thinking about an ally rad so I cant make the brackets and wire the Pacet fan until we have a part to work to.

BUT, On the plus side, we have refitted and lined up the front bumper, including the indicators, number plate and irons etc and I reckon it looks pretty good.

The oil catch tank is fitted to the bespoke bracket I made but we need to find the right size pipe. We have fitted the finishers that Darren sourced to the braided fuel lines to tidy them up.

And the interior is all out to the point we can remove the screens (for the third time I think) so the "pink" headlining can be removed and the new one can be fitted.

The last job is probably going to be changing the servo for a VW Polo version which is supposed to be a staright swap that will free up more space by the throttle bodies for fitting air cleaner.

I will post some pics but this fiddly stuff doesn't provide dramatic images but it's all in the detail as we approach the home run.

If this doesn't make Billing 2011 I will be gutted!!

Edited by stradacab

If this doesn't make Billing 2011 I will be gutted!!

It's gotta be there, as centre piece of the S Wales Manta section :thumbup

I just hope i'll have something to take along :unsure:

Otherwise i'll have to bring the Alpine :ph34r:

IMG00252-20101010-0956.jpg

Hey that's my 100th post :D

Edited by Rapierdave

The Polo servo is almost a straight swop, you need to lengthen the push rod between the pedal and servo but its not hard to do, use the manta pedal lever fork as well as a threaded section to give adjustment, you dont want the brakes to the slightly on all the time or long travel.

On the other side the master cly needs a small bit of rod up inside it so the centre pin of the servo can reach the manta cyl rod, its about an inch or so iirc.

Really hope you make it to Billing - Can't wait to see this in the flesh :)

Got a feeling there will be a seriously awesome selection of cars this year...... Roll on July!

It's gotta be there, as centre piece of the S Wales Manta section :thumbup

I just hope i'll have something to take along :unsure:

Otherwise i'll have to bring the Alpine :ph34r:

IMG00252-20101010-0956.jpg

Hey that's my 100th post :D

:blink: I hope you don't have anything to take.... That looks absolutely stunning!! Love it :thumbup