Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

• 5 weeks later...

Well its producing a healthy 209bhp at the flywheel, well happy with that!! :D:D:D:D

I'll post graphs etc when I get them next week...just needs a few more wrinkles ironing out and its off for subframes and mot.. and then a trip to Cornwall..

the question is, will it make billing!!!! Getting very close!!!

Coolant venting.

Al's old 16v tub used to do that, no headgasket troubles, no other problems just used to spit it all out sometimes.

I cured it by mucking about with the pipe routes and changing the flow to the heaters around a bit. Also bleeding the heater matrix properly so there is utterly no air in it at all is a must.

Thanks for advice Paul...

compression test has come out fine, but its not circulating coolant/water... off to Adrian this week now for further investigations and the rest of the work needed (subframes etc)

will then have to go back to rolling road for further tweeking...

He did stick a camera probe thingy down the bores and they were properly black, so that might be something that needs some attention also.

arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh..... soooooo frustrating to be so close yet so far :(:(:(:(:angry::angry::angry:

Has your inlet manifold got waterways at the front (LHS of THIS pic) - they were blanked off when I bought mine and had some coolant problems, seems ok now I've fitted a hose between them.

Edited by Christ

• 3 weeks later...

Have you chased Ade?

Crossmember is fitted, but we are waiting for a new steering coloumn link and machining of the front throttle body.

Billing is only three weeks away and we have some "special" work to do yet..

God this is tight!

Edited by stradacab

yeah its nothing that exciting Rick... just trying to stop it spewing its guts out and get the bloody thing moving reliably!

I suppose with hindsight, it was obvious/inevitable that the engine would play up, as its the area of the car we've given least attention (apart from the last 3 months that is!)! The Throttle body install has proved not to be as straight forward as we first thought/were led to believe!

Still small fish really, but annoying delaying fish nonetheless..

what was I talking about again :unsure::lol:

Edited by Devil Fish