Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

Well, the car isn't totally finished, but here's living proof that it actually drove somewhere with its owner and under its own power!

We actually fitted the new seats about 10 minutes before we set off. We still have to mega clean and detail inside, change door seals and fit some more trim and ICE. Still loads of little bits to do.

You may notice that the owner looks a little taller now than in the pics way back on page 1 of this thread!

IMG_3526.jpg

We had some issues on the way back when a coolant hose split and Chris Thomas became hero of the day with his tool kit to provide running repairs at the roadside. Can't really blame the car, it was pushing it a bit to have done such a major rebuild after being left standing for 9 years and then just jumping in and driving 350 miles!

Car is booked in for mapping next week, after that I think it will find its way to Cornwall for the rear to be lowered and polybushed. And we have to shorten the wheel studs to fit the missing centre caps etc etc

haha thanks guys.

Yep you need four hands to fix a broken catch.... I don't care what the haynes manual says!

:P:lol:

Thats a beauty, an absolute credit to you!! What suspension setup have u in it it sits so well

lowered 30mm at the front (back will also get lowered by 30mm) on Avo springs/shocks, polybushes (flick back a few pages and you'll see Paul Newport's work of art that is now 'propping' up the front end of this car!)

Need to space the rear wheels out a little bit too, as despite being 10" wide they tuck under the arches a lil' too much for my liking.

It looked great at Billing, colour was fantastic and the spec was too.I wish I could of talked to everyone on the Manta field but yet again Sunday night came around and I remembered all the people I wanted to see and never did.

Maybe next year, roll on Billing 2012 :thumbup

I wish I could of talked to everyone on the Manta field but yet again Sunday night came around and I remembered all the people I wanted to see and never did.

Maybe next year, roll on Billing 2012 :thumbup

He He, I remember one Sat night at Billing a good few years back now and was walking around at 2am to see who was up/around, and it was the first time we had spoke that Billing when yourself and a few of the Northwest boys were still up having a drink and a chat and a laugh, Billing always seemed to go too damn fast.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update, well not really an update, but I managed to take some resonable pictures using a better camera on the weekend... (also took my parents out in it; they were proper chuffed... and wanted it back!)

ns.jpg

Don't think I've posted any pisc of the interior yet (this was the blitz cloth that RetroPower sorted out and Paul Newport project managed down in Cornwall for me)

interior1-1.jpg

The engine bay (again), def need a plenum making

enginebay.jpg

Hoping to get the car down to Paul soon for rear subframes, fitting lowering springs and shocks and a few other bits and pieces soon.

Also still needs to go in for final mapping, and I'll be hopefully be sorting out some silicon hoses for it soon.

You never know it might actually be (properly) finished for billing 2012! :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If all goes accordng to plan we are supposed to be collecting it tomorrow from the engine mapping man!

It never ran properly as it was only partially set up before the whole coolant gush/emergency trip to Ade Cooke/shit! just get it going/MOT/Billing situation. Darren is actually trying to finish it properly now!

Before it was all over-fuelling and lumpy, I can't wait to see what it actually goes like with circa 200 BHP and tuned properly.

I'll let Darren update fully but it still has to have the rear suspension set up and bushed and the wheel studs cut down so we can fit centre caps.

Got the 400 back today... its pumping a healthy 190hp, seems to be some issues with coolant temps when it goes beyond 200... something else to investigate... although it pulls really strongly, so I may just leave it on 190. It was never about making a fast as possible manta... it's a show car afterall.

Anyway, it's bloody nice having it driving properly!!.just in time for autumn and hurricane Katia! :unsure:

:):)

have fun

Daz

• 4 weeks later...

Got the 400 back today... its pumping a healthy 190hp, seems to be some issues with coolant temps when it goes beyond 200... something else to investigate... although it pulls really strongly, so I may just leave it on 190. It was never about making a fast as possible manta... it's a show car afterall.

Anyway, it's bloody nice having it driving properly!!.just in time for autumn and hurricane Katia! :unsure:

:):)

have fun

Daz

Y'did good dudes, proper jealous etc......She's farkun spiffing!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif!