Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

Thought I'd do a quick update; the 400r has been away on holiday in Penzance over winter... Paul Newport has done some incredible work on it. Wheels now spaced properly, proper tyres up front (it's finally stanced right!!), and has re-done all the rear suspension to match the front he did last year. The underside is clean enough to eat your dinner off it now!

400newport.jpg

Massive thanks once again to the legend that is Mr Newport, and thanks to James for letting me have it delivered to his house!

I'll update more soon with undercar shots and interior.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Johno!

Well, I bought this head unit about 5 years ago.. and its been sat in my garage ever since waiting to be installed into the Manta...

(at least I can listen to music whilst waiting for the recovery truck now!) :wacko::D

Speakers in pods upgraded

mantastereo1.jpg

Nice new steering wheel fitted by Mr Newport too :)

mantastereo2.jpg

mantastereo3.jpg

having just looked at these pictures I've just spotted my next job... kick panels! D'oh!

Edited by Devil Fish

• 6 months later...

Looks great. Rear looks kinda high though. The ride height I mean.

In the August pics it was high, in the pics taken after it was with me then no, it is much lower, I changed the rear springs and did all the bushes while it was here so it is nice and tight as well as bang on to look at.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys, I've just sat in front of the computer for 2 hours reading this thread from start to finish and I've got to tell you that I'm so incredibly impressed.... what a superb restoration of a family-owned car to a show-stopping standard!! There were times reading about the superb welding, the painstaking bodywork and the last-minute dash to get it all done for Billing that the tension was so high I'm sure I actually stopped breathing for a few moments!!

If the Ascona that I'm currently playing with ends up looking half as good as your Manta then I'll consider it a job well done.

Hope the 400R is still going strong. Well done for taking and uploading so many pics and updates during the resto, it's certainly inspired me......

Dave

• 2 months later...