Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

what kit did u use? and how was it to fit?

Do you mean bodykit? If you did I think it was the Ralytech one but don't quote me, I could be wrong. If you look back thru the thread Darren has stated the make and there are some pics and description of how we fitted it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over 300bhp! Pardon my French but &$%*ing hell.. Technically this was a finished car years ago, but I guess you're never finished until it's perfect for you, or you just get another idea pop into your head. Okay £60 for the supercharger..

Power was certainly no problem lol!! It made 320hp on the first fuelling "stab" on the rollers to check we weren't going to run out of injector time at peak torque! Was only on 12 psi boost with no boost controller just base boost on the stock spring. Objective was always to make nice driveable power within the 300hp limit of a stock ish rear axle. With bigger injectors it would easily make 360hp, but would risk breaking the axle (and because of the axle limitation I built the engine with stock rods, which I'd want to uprate if heading towards 400hp)

• Like 2

already got custom inlet. im very lucky to know great fabricator and I own shares in a machine shop so custom made bits are not too hard.

im not using the engine that's in at the moment, going to use an xe which ive had bored to 86.5 with wossner pistons and steel rods.  soo I can still play in it :) while its being built.

did u use the Zlet oil pump? I dare not use a gm pump or sbd jobbie.  

• Like 1

stock xe aftermarket pump

I will probably curse saying this, but I've not had a problem with one yet, as long as revs are kept down below 7500

Making sure the internals are perfectly clean is also very important. We get the blocks acid dipped to strip them inside and out back to bare cast iron, brush out all oilways afterwards and chemically strip the cylinder heads with all the oil gallery bungs removed.

Makes 60psi oil pressure hot with revs, at least 30 on idle hot.

Z20let is better, but the pickup pipe is awkward

• Like 1