Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

BEAST :-) u know i cant stand still with mine.. im planning something very similar... cant wait to see this.

I feel a race coming on, you are taking your red one to the drag strip anyway arn't you? :D  Like to see yours and Daz's 400 together flying down the drag strip.

• Like 3

Don't know about "better"! Big number isn't the only thing!

Apologies for taking this thread off topic!

Back on topic, I have never actually read this thread from the beginning, which I did last night.

I now feel stupid for not doing. What an awesome build, and what a lovely background your car has.

Hats off to all involved, some very serious club and friend help, and what car clubs should be all about.

Can't wait till you get the car back and get grinning!! Nearly there now!

• Like 1

Don't know about "better"! Big number isn't the only thing!

Apologies for taking this thread off topic!

Back on topic, I have never actually read this thread from the beginning, which I did last night.

I now feel stupid for not doing. What an awesome build, and what a lovely background your car has.

Hats off to all involved, some very serious club and friend help, and what car clubs should be all about.

Can't wait till you get the car back and get grinning!! Nearly there now!

I will definately have to come down and see your workshop one day and there is no excuse either since you are not far away from me at all, i'm only in Dronfield.

I have had a browse through your website after hearing about you from various people at Billing that has just passed by and I like the look of the Manta in your current projects. Didn't you start your business with Manta's?

Jack.

Hi Jack,

would be good to see you, always welcome to pop in for a look round. Funnily enough I'm actually in sheffield first thing tomorrow morning to pick up another bit of metalworking kit! My wife is from sheffield too so we pass dronfield pretty regularly on the way up the A61 to see her mum.

We didn't start the business with mantas as such, but there was a heavy opel/vauxhall influence in our earlier work (there still is to be fair!)

The Opel link happened because both myself and my brother were serial manta owners (I bought a GTE coupe when I was 18 and I built my 16v exclusive in 1996 when I was 19) and had worked on a lot of them over the years. It also happened because two seperate guys came to us to see if we could build their dream cars, one of whom was Curt Pattinson who owns the white ascona 400 replica in our avatar pic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That graph looks just like mine, except on mine the green line is money spent, and the blue one is progress made, yellowish one would be partner satisfaction, and red would be the number of engine parts I replace.

I kind of hate you for how easy you made it all look ;)

• Like 2

Hi Jack,

would be good to see you, always welcome to pop in for a look round. Funnily enough I'm actually in sheffield first thing tomorrow morning to pick up another bit of metalworking kit! My wife is from sheffield too so we pass dronfield pretty regularly on the way up the A61 to see her mum.

We didn't start the business with mantas as such, but there was a heavy opel/vauxhall influence in our earlier work (there still is to be fair!)

The Opel link happened because both myself and my brother were serial manta owners (I bought a GTE coupe when I was 18 and I built my 16v exclusive in 1996 when I was 19) and had worked on a lot of them over the years. It also happened because two seperate guys came to us to see if we could build their dream cars, one of whom was Curt Pattinson who owns the white ascona 400 replica in our avatar pic.

Hi there,

I have also emailed you about coming down for a visit but it was not reccommended to come down next week because of the Retrorides event that you are planning on doing. :) I saw the White Manta on your current projects page and isn't it in the rebuild stage at the moment? I also said in the email I sent that when I get my Manta I will bring it down to your workshop to see if you can do anything about protecting it for the winter time to top it rusting away because I have this fear about driving it in snowy conditions because it's an old car I don't want to hurt my beloved Manta bodywork. Also that goes for anything because the people I have met at Billing have always said the same thing that your customer service is absolutely perfect so there is no dought there will be something that needs doing to my Manta and since you know them inside out you can almost guarantee seeing mine one day. I will respond to the email and make sure I come down at an appropriate time for you.

Cheers,

Jack.

Well I forgot to take any pics of it at the Gathering, so I've borrowed these off the web (hope the taker doesn't mind!)

The drive home through country lanes was utterly immense, when this thing is on boost :D  :D  :wacko:  :wacko:  :blink:  :blink:  :D  :D

mantaturb2_zpsb61361dd.png

mantaturb1_zps7c24d036.png

Many thanks to the Retropower team.

Edited by Devil Fish
  • Like 1

Jack the car is testament to everyone who has helped me along the way.... James for the restoration and body kit fitting, James and Ade for the initial xe fitment, Paul Newport for the subframe and underneath work, masterauto for the paint, Retropower for the blitz cloth and Paul for the finished seats, all the people that have helped with parts, storage, trailer'ing and advice, and of course retropower for the turbo'ing...

None of which would have been possible without this club. :)

• Like 4