Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

• 2 weeks later...

Even more proof.. yes thats my shaven head admidst the dust (although it was cold enough, it wasn't actually snowing inside J's garage!)

Drivers side 400 arch, done!

(Arch extension was primed and stone chipped). The arch itself will need a fair amount of fettling, you can tell the mould was taken off a kit that had been used, as you can make out lots of stone chips etc.

anyway pics!!!

Sanding the sill down before jenoliting

PIC_0003.jpg

Finished fitment of arch... I'm going to bolt my arches on, rather than glue, the bolts really make the arch fit tightly, and it will be much better in the future if I ever have to take it off if it ain't glued on. J put a smattering of filler on to get the shape back into the car,- after a lot of filler sanding he looked like Frosty.

PIC_0005.jpg

archfin1.jpg

Cross member, anti-roll bar mount and nosecone... done!

crossmember.jpg

nc1.jpg

(not sure why my camera thought to chop this one in half,- oh yeah, I remember, its a £30 piece of crap from Tesco's!)

Anyway, nose cone fully welded on, and I have to say we are both extremely pleased how this has gone on, the panel gaps are better than the original nosecone!

Awful lot of checking, checking again, checking again, couple more checks, checking again, double check, checking it again, ... WELD!

nc2.jpg

Bizarre seeing it finally on the car, I've been carrying this panel around for about 4 years!

Almost forgot to mention,- I bought this zinc weld-through primer stuff to coat all flanges etc... works an absolute treat and its nice to know that all these 'hidden' surfaces after welding are protected from the dreaded tin worm.

• 4 weeks later...

Hammerited (several times) the new nose cone (bits you don't see), schutz on 400 wing, inner wing and a-post etc (which allready have primer and several layers of stonechip! Should stop the rust getting back in for a good long while now!)... and trial fitted the 400 bumper.

Also, fettled the n/s wing (which is not as good a fit as the o/s wing), spun the car round and started on the n/s!

Enjoy, and Happy New Year!

(apologies about those wheels!)

mantakit0.jpg

mantakit2.jpg

mantansarch1.jpg

Thats looking good will be interested how you bolt the arches on, i bonded mine on but if i did another one i think i would try and bolt them, i started off initially bolting them on as the kit i bought had the bolts already fitted but opted for the advice of the chap who painted her still look fine 3 1/2 years down the road ,as for the wheels they look cock on i used 10 x 17" also from a Porsche that luckily had the perfect offset look forward to the next chapter.

Aye, the massive 10X17 borbets on the previous page are going on the back, and 9X16's on the front.

We are going to try bolts first, see how it goes, with all bolts on and tight the arch is pretty much water tight to the body. I'd rather not bond them, in case they get knocked etc... will be much easier to fix if just bolted.

Like I say though, see how it goes.