Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

I appreciate what your saying Phil, and it is true that my expectations were high for this kit (especially after forking out just over £1K for it) I'm just trying to describe it/and the process of fitting it as honestly as I can, to hopefully give people an idea of what to expect.

With the welder still out of action, James has fitted the 3-piece genuine Irmscher spoiler... (not to mention bashing the boot lid about so that it now fits properly,- the car was rear-ended a few years ago, and the repair job by supposed professionals left a lot to be desired)

spoiler.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New chassis rails certainly look industrial enough to withstand a good few years of abuse!

Could you do me a favour and tell me roughly how much space there is between the head and the master cylinder? I'd like to know how much room there is when fitting an XE on bike carbs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rab, yep thats James sleeping on the job as usual :P;)

Had the QED throttle bodies turn up the other day... have to say they are a very impressive hi-tech bit of professional kit! I'll probably only end up using about 30% of its capabilities...

I mean heck... does the Manta really need launch control!! Looks like I'll have to buy a laptop so I can do some mapping!

http://qedmotorsport.co.uk/qed-shop/vauxha...distributorless

Getting VERY excited about driving this car when finished!

:):):):):)

Are you still going for the Anthracite(spelling :unsure: ) paint job? Unusual choice of colour for a 400 but it should be one of a kind. I also had a berlinetta hatch in Anthracite a few years back and looked fantastic when freshly polished, one of the better metallic paints of the era I'm sure. Are you then going to have the 400 stickers over the top or is the outside appearence going to be 400 in shape only?

All the best with the last few hurdles, looking really nice!

Hi Rick (and thanks for those j-clips btw!)

Yep, staying Anthracite, it's my fav Manta colour... but then I grew up in this car, so it would be! ;)

Current thoughts are to put silver (in keeping with original decal colours) "400r" stickers on the doors and boot lip and a blitz on the front (obviously).