Stradacab and Devil Fish's 400R road/track project

Devil Fish

:lol:

Exhaust cam out and dist oil way blocked, blanking plate fitted and all reassembled. Studs fitted- manifold fitted, modified 'stat housing, cooling hosed modified and fitted, oil pressure wiring done.

With help from Adrian 'engine guru' Cooke of A & D autos in Bristol, top man/garage services. B)

enginebuild1.jpg

enginebuild2.jpg

enginebuild3.jpg

enginebuild4.jpg

enginebuild5.jpg

p.s. notice the beautifully wrapped exhaust, more of James's handy work.

As Daz is suffering from the pox (chicken) a quick update.

Got the throttle bodies modded to take a vacuum pipe outlet as we will be retaining servo assistance for the brakes, we can "T" off there too for the fuel pressure reg.

Refitted all of the interior from the front seats back and fitted alternator, repaired heater fan wiring and some other odds and sods.

Injection loom is going to need serious modification to fit this car and actually look nice- more work :(

Hopefully Ade will make it over tomorrow so we can fit the bodies and sort throttle cable linkage......

Onwards!!

As Daz is suffering from the pox (chicken) a quick update.

Got the throttle bodies modded to take a vacuum pipe outlet as we will be retaining servo assistance for the brakes, we can "T" off there too for the fuel pressure reg.

Refitted all of the interior from the front seats back and fitted alternator, repaired heater fan wiring and some other odds and sods.

Injection loom is going to need serious modification to fit this car and actually look nice- more work :(

Hopefully Ade will make it over tomorrow so we can fit the bodies and sort throttle cable linkage......

Onwards!!

Modifying fuel injection looms is no more difficult than any wiring. Just take your time and think it through before cutting anything. A good wiring diagram helps.

If you need any parts try this company..

Plugs etc

They do all sorts and saves having to use old cracked connectors etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been suffering really bad with chicken pox and a nasty virus in my right eye, but while I've been out of action, James has been progressing with the engine/throttle bodies install...currently we are waiting for a new loom as the original one they sent us was too short.

Anyway here's a quick update, throttle cable, fule valve, pump rebuilt and fitted,and wiring under bonnet for fan and pump.

wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

wiring3.jpg

wiring4.jpg

Yikes! Chicken pox that can be bloody dodgy to have as an adult. I hope you feel better now, I take it you have some anti-biotics for your eye since nerve damage is not something you want there?

Nice to see the engine bay coming along after all that effort with the bodywork. Is it intended for track/rally use or purely as a road and show car?

hmm the one I've got is a Yukspeed one which is supposed to be simular to an Ashley one, but because of my manta being LHD and still having a fourspeed box, the manifold hits up against the steering collum and my gearbox, and the clutchcable doesn't fit either.

but thanks for the info!! and good luck with the rest of the project!!

for me the quest for a manifold goes on....

Hi there,

Great to see your project coming along!

Just one thing. I would personally not be confindent that those rubber fuel lines would cope with the added fuel pressure required for the throttle bodies. I wuold put some form of braided fuel lines/aeroquip there. Im talking from experience :unsure: . My Throttle bodied manta burst a fuel line at first start up just after a full rebuild.

P.S please dont take this the wrong way mate especially that this is my first post here.