Centaur

Robbie

Robbie is there any chance of seeing pictures of the inner-arches before you paint them? Its just that I've spent near 60 hours on my 'mint' coupes inner archs to get them rust free and I'm wondering 'how' you do it so easy

Cheers

Keith

Sorry to hijack your thread Robbie-i just had some pics that Keith was looking for. Spoiler looks the biz on the Centaur by the way!

Somethin like this you were after Keith.....

DSC02956-Copy.jpg

DSC02952-Copy.jpg

DSC02951-Copy.jpg

25112008310.jpg

These are pics of my own car. More underneath pics here if you need....

http://vxopel.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=96

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Manta%20out.jpg

Ok got back into this project a few weeks ago, smile.gif Wasnt happy with the exclusive interior so it was removed and the new interior sorted and installed.

Mint door Cards like the 400's 240's etc

Int4.jpg

New dash and mota lita wheel, fitted alloy kick panels

Int7.jpg

New Blitz Interior

Int8.jpg

Int2.jpg

Int1.jpg

Int6.jpg

Hopefully the Centaur should be going to get the roof made in 4 weeks or so

Edited by Robbie

They do have a good deep dish paul and work :)

lol Andy I think not, I've near finished doing my bit to keep one of the few Centaurs alive and kicking for another while, I'll leave the rest to other die hards. My next project won't suffer the dreaded tin worm as bad, biggrin.gif

We had to replace the oak strip where the rear window would of been, boys what a job you would not believe how hard it is to bend wood, had to be done in 2 parts, first strip put on and left for a week with 10 pairs of vice grips to keep it bent. :mrgreen: it was hard to get in place, then the second one put on top and left for another week, both layers held down with sikaflex as well, the both layers screwed down. leaves the roof just to be tacked on when its made. Poddy was a great help with this....... oooooooo then some ronseal lol.

fin1.jpg

Right ooooooooo today was the day lol, the car at long last left the workshop under its own power smile.gif I forgot to stop when I drove out of the workshop ended up doing near 5 mile :chuckle

Everything was good just a few tweaks/ changes I want to make, much easier to take some pics outside.

fin2.jpg

fin2a.jpg

fin3.jpg

fin4.jpg

fin5.jpg

Hope the weathers good next year or the missus wont get playing to much smile.gif

Edited by Robbie

Looking Braw Robbie :thumbup Glad to see you've kept the square head lamps :thumbup Which leads me on to my next point ;)

Did you refurbish the reflectors? or were they ok to start with?

I ken you were trying different ideas and looks for the car, and it's 'a bloody different car' from billing 2008

I realise it's all doon tae individual taste; what about a GT/E rear spoiler rather than the i400/exclusive?

I'm thinking mare, 1970s muscle/muscular car rather than 1980s rally car.

Looking forward tae your next big project ;)

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks Keith the headlights I had were fine but they are easy to pop apart. I bought a new set at Billing 2008 so they will do future use. The car being done with the later bumpers, grill etc I think goes better with the Exclusive type rear spoiler. It will appear better as well once the roof is fitted as it adds more height just behind the back seat when down. Will get some more pics once the roof in done in a month or so.

Next project has already begun :)

Next project? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well the i240 bored you as it needed nothing doing so I'm guessing now for something completely different or a basket case 400?

240 was a blast to drive for a couple of years, had some great times with it smile.gif but your right something different and its this

home.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I got the Centaur back today, its been away for ages getting the new roof done in black mohair. £1400 as they have to be hand made for the Centaurs :(

Company was to take it in last September but only got word to bring in about 6 weeks ago.

Still got a few small jobs to do which shouldnt take to long but thats about it job done and ready to enjoy after 2 years :)

centaur2.jpg

centaur3.jpg

centaur5.jpg

centaur8.jpg

centaur9.jpg

A few more pics

centaur10.jpg

centaur12.jpg

centaur15.jpg

centaur16.jpg

centaur17.jpg