Things to do in the furture to my Cav Coupe.

deanosabby

Hi forum,

This is not a big project but more updates to the car.

I have so far fitted an Irmscher steering wheel (£20 bargain), BBS alloys (£80 with tyres) and still to go on a GT/E spoiler (£5).

Now the other things I want to do are,

1. Paint the BBS alloys white and fit wider tyres 185/7013 on just now, so how wide can I go without having issues, the alloys are only 5.5J.

2. K&N Bolt on filter,

3. Uprated suspension,

4. Custom S/S exhaust, what would be the desired bore for the exhaust, 2"?

Here is a pic of the car with the alloys

IMG_2447.jpg

do you think these will look ok in white?

What do you think of the things I want to do?. Please be honest I am thick skinned.

I would also like to fit quads as well.

Cheers,

Deano.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the car is nice I wouldn't drill holes to add the GTE spoiler as, at the very least, the edges will rust. Plus GTE spoilers NEED the clear pads adding to the paint on the quarters. Without these opening and closing the boot and the vibration of driving cause the paint to be worn off the rear quarters leading to....... rust.

More than anything though..... it's your car, do as you like!

I was thinking of removing the bolts and using sicaflix to bond it to the bootlid.

I have used this method on an Audi A3 a few years ago and it is still attached.

Do you think I will be able to just buy that clear film that looks a bit like cling film to protect the paint?

I know that it is my car but it is always nice to find out what other people's thoughts are, at the end of the day I do not want it to go to far and we all know once you get started it's hard to stop and before you know it you have a pink car with a burberry interior and a baseball cap that is far to wee for yer heid.

Ta,

Deano.

Thos ealloys do look good Deano - not sure about in white though.

You could alsways try a bit of photoshop wizardry on that snap to see what they would look like :thumbup

The alloys look pretty good on the car and look like period one's to.

I seen a pic of Rab's I200 with its alloys and thought that my alloys would look like smaller versions (if you squint and look the other way) of those.

All I can do is try them and if it looks crap then get them repainted again.

Cheers,

Deano.

Hi Deano,

Looking at the pic of your car I would say that the suspension has already been uprated in some way. Its sits much lower that the standard cav esp at the front!

I thought that when I bought it, I think it's ride height is ok but in roll's like ship on the high sea's

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I have got some pics of the car on it's GT/E alloys and with it's Recaro interior.

I am also getting a S/S exhaust fitted on Monday as the old one has fallen apart.

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

The exhaust has a 3" bore and only the rear silencer so should sound nice.

I have also fitted newer dash clocks as well.

Cheers,

Deano.

Hi Dean,

Dont suppose you could find a couple of the anthracite wheels from an exclusive to try on the car, I recon the dark centres would set the car off a treat!

I'll be interested to hear the car next time we meet and maybe's mine will be there by then as well, going up to the workshops tomorrow to do a bit more on the car, and get the rollcage away for blasting and have the extra diagonal added and fit the new tank.

Dont think that lot is too ambitious for one day.

Cheers, Colin.

Hi Dean,

Dont suppose you could find a couple of the anthracite wheels from an exclusive to try on the car, I recon the dark centres would set the car off a treat!

I'll be interested to hear the car next time we meet and maybe's mine will be there by then as well, going up to the workshops tomorrow to do a bit more on the car, and get the rollcage away for blasting and have the extra diagonal added and fit the new tank.

Dont think that lot is too ambitious for one day.

Cheers, Colin.

I will try and get to Kath's diner on the 29th of march so you should be able to see/hear it then.

I am looking forward to seeing you one Colin (ohh err) and checking out it's ride height as I want mine to look like that.

I am looking for suspension just now as mine is very tired.

If you know anyone with some darker coloured alloys then I'll give it a try to see what it looks like.

To the OP I have not had it fitted yet but hopefully will have been done by next week.

Cheers,

Deano.

Aye the red interior looked very retro but was killing my back.

I have 1 hip that is higher than the other so really need firm supportive seats hence the reason why my main car is a SAAB 9-5.

I like the look of ATS alloys but at the mo have a few other things to sort out first.

Ta,

Deano.

looks good dean seats go well and car very nice didnt think of looking on here for pics have you had the arches done yet.cheers matt

Not had them done yet. I will hopefully be getting them done at the end of May.

Have the rubbers arrived yet?

They were posted on Tuesday so hopefully should be with you soon.

Ta,

Deano.