Things to do in the furture to my Cav Coupe.

deanosabby

Well I got the exhaust fitted today.

It is a 3" S/S system from the bottom of the down pipes back with a rear silencer.

Here are some pics for you.

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

It sound quite nice and with the K+N up front you can here me coming

All I need now is to get the suspension sorted.

Ta,

Deano.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice meeting you at the weekend dude,

Exhaust looks good, bet it sounds even better!

I still don't think those arches need replaced, a couple of bubbles isn't the end of the world, strip them back treat them and a skim of catty would finish them fine. Save your money for shiny bits!

Cheers,

Tony

Comfy Recaros can come in any colour you want, I kept the red theme, can get pricey though.

Like the look of the car, please keep the chrome.

seats.jpg

those seats are the dogs bo**ocks, look great just get the rear done same. :blink:

Comfy Recaros can come in any colour you want, I kept the red theme, can get pricey though.

Like the look of the car, please keep the chrome.

Will echo that, as a Cavvy owner, its the chrome that makes all the differance ;)

BTW Good colour choice Sam, really suits it. (thumbs-up smiley)

Cheers chaps, Colin.

Nice meeting you at the weekend dude,

Exhaust looks good, bet it sounds even better!

I still don't think those arches need replaced, a couple of bubbles isn't the end of the world, strip them back treat them and a skim of catty would finish them fine. Save your money for shiny bits!

Cheers,

Tony

Aye Tony nice meeting you on Sunday,

Cheers for showing us round your Manta's I must admit I like your 400 lot's, big wheels, big arches what else do you need.

I think we should try and get a meet together soon with whoever can manage to make it and maybe tag along with another group.

The exhaust sounds awesome and I am sure the neighbours will think so when I start it up this morning :lol:

See you soon,

Deano.

• 1 month later...

Hi Deano.

Awe spade awe spade rims defo looks good, bin yur stickers NAFF und git yur plate centred jist looks stoopid aff ti thi side ither than that lookin fair braw.

rab.

Well done,

Wheels are perfect for the motor :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup and it suits the stance now, you've gotta be well-chuffed with it.(I really disliked the Manta ones :o )

Not sure about the badges blacked-out tho' and will echo Rab on the number plate,(and I dont think its legal, there's not enough background/surround) if I had to use the stick-on type I would have it on the leading edge of the bonnet in real retro-styleeeeeeeee.

Dont loose any more chrome though, its look is just about spot on, again well done Deano :D .

Well done,

Wheels are perfect for the motor :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup and it suits the stance now, you've gotta be well-chuffed with it.(I really disliked the Manta ones :o )

Not sure about the badges blacked-out tho' and will echo Rab on the number plate,(and I dont think its legal, there's not enough background/surround) if I had to use the stick-on type I would have it on the leading edge of the bonnet in real retro-styleeeeeeeee.

Dont loose any more chrome though, its look is just about spot on, again well done Deano :D .

love the wheels dean what are they and were from i want some.ps cavys looking good .ta matt

love the wheels dean what are they and were from i want some.ps cavys looking good .ta matt

Hi Matt,

The wheels are ATS Cups that I got off TJM.

They were second hand but all they needed was a quick rub down and a paint, not bad for £125 :thumbup

They sell on ebay for £499 for a set of 4 in my size which is 15"x7" but most are vw offset rather than vx/opel like mine.

Thanks for the comments,

Ta,

Deano.

• 5 months later...

Replaced some of the coolant pipes under the bonnet the other day and a painted rocker cover too.

Here you go some pics.

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1385.jpg

I am still on the lookout for a bottom rad pipe but it is proving hard to find one that goes from 48mm-35mm.

The top hose is 2xid-35mm 90 degree hoses with a s/s joiner in the middle and the heater hoses are flexible silicon hoses with springs in them at the tightest corners to keep the shape.

Just need a rocker cover gasket and job done.

Ta,

Deano.

Hi All,

Its Ashley downpipes your Cavvy is wearing now, hope your enjoying it Dean.

Cheers, Colin.

Cheers for the info Colin,

She has been relegated to the garage for the winter now as I want to keep here in good condition and tbh last winter took it's toll a bit.

I now have a Mitsubishi L200 to run around in as my company vehicle as I am now a sole trader because I was made redundant on the 24th of sept.

I thought that it would be to cruel to rack up the miles on the cav so got the L200 to do it to.

I bought it for 2k on an X plate with 11 months mot and 160000 on the clock and it even came with a private plate L200GBP.

Ta,

Deano.

• 5 months later...

Well it's the start of another year for the cav.

It turned 32 on the 4th of this month and all I can say is with time it has gotten even better than when it first rolled it's 13" wheel out of the factory (and money).

At the moment it is getting some work done just now which includes repairing the osr wheel arch (in/out), rebuilt 2.2 with a kent 214 cam, ported manifold, 38 dgas, lightened flywheel,

4 branch manifold, custom breather system, electronic ignition, braided flexi brake lines, manifold wrap and the engine bay is getting a spring clean.

Here are some pics that Colin (vausenb) took yesterday when he was up there.

DeansCavvybuild008.jpg

DeansCavvybuild007.jpg

DeansCavvybuild006.jpg

DeansCavvybuild005.jpg

DeansCavvybuild004.jpg

DeansCavvybuild003.jpg

DeansCavvybuild002.jpg

DeansCavvybuild001.jpg

I am looking forward to getting it back and enjoying the extra BHP which should easily be 130BHP so a nice 40BHP increase over standard.

Ta,

Deano.