free tax

ray70

Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me how I can find out if my manta is tax exempt, I know that its got to be built before 1973 to qualify for free tax. its an N reg regested oct 74 but I have seen other N reg cars that are tax exempt.

can anybody help?

Thanks, Ray...

Hi again,

can anybody tell me how to find out the year that my manta was built, because if its not tax exempt I will be selling it. I dont want to start working on it untill I find out this information, I've just bought this of ebay, it was the black one on the trailer that was in Wrexham if anybody seen it.

Thanks for any information.

Ray...

Hi again,

can anybody tell me how to find out the year that my manta was built, because if its not tax exempt I will be selling it. I dont want to start working on it untill I find out this information, I've just bought this of ebay, it was the black one on the trailer that was in Wrexham if anybody seen it.

Thanks for any information.

Ray...

I wouldn't know how to tell exactly since I've never had to. It's very unlikely it will be tax exempt if nobody has looked into it before, plus if you don't have any documents or date stamps you couldn't apply anyway. Plus as Shug says it's even more unlikely yours will be since late 1974 is miles away from the cut off date, there's little chance your car was sat in a field for nearly 2 years before sold as new.

Surely it's not putting you off a restoration for just the tax exemption? Perhaps when we get a new government the classic car tax exemption class will rise to 1983 if the current wasters haven't crippled the country completely by then!

Hi Ray If you contact 1900SR he may be able to help you .You will have to pm him your chassis number.

As above, pm me your reg number and chassis number and I'll check the records for you. Cheers

Steve

Hi If you can pm me your reg number and chassis number I'll check for you. Cheers

Steve

Ray, I think if you send your registration and chassis number to Steve/1900SR he could check for you perhaps.