lowered suspension

shooie811

Yes the mk1 cav is virtually the same. I would get the similar model manta(coupe/hatch) lower springs and a set of uprated dampers (bilsteins/koni/AVO). Depending on how firm you like the ride i'd go for 400lb front springs and 250 rears. I find this ok but could be too much for you

HTH

Chris

No you need a set of springs and dampers from someone like AVO or SPAX. Not used them but TJM are mentioned a lot on here and seem to have a good rep, try them.If your gonna put 16's on be careful as the fronts and rears will touch the std arches. My coupe is lowered 60mm, i've only got14x6 Alleycats on and they get pretty close, enough that you can only just get your fingers between the 195 tyres and the front wing.

Also at this height you run into problems with the car bottoming at the front on the bump stops. You need to check this and sort out by cutting the bumpstop tower and reducing it by about 25/35mm.

HTH

Chris

The coupe and hatch suspension set up is the same. Your cav will have the same spring set as an early manta B, ie very high so if you fit manta GTE standards then you'll get a drop of approx 3" at a guess. However as lampchop suggests, going for the aftermarket spring and damper kits will be your best bet if you want to slam it to the deck! I've got some ventura springs (as have many in the club) and they used to be the ones supplied with bilstein dampers.

I fitted some AVO springs to my Manta hatchback the other year.

I was running 7"x17"s and with an et 38 offset, Wheels tucked up to the arches absolutely spot on, ride was absolutely brilliant from these springs (lowered enough Manta's in the past to know good springs and ride quality)

Cornering was superb and progressive from these springs too.

I would recommend people who are looking for springs to see if we could not all approach TJM Motorsprt to see if he would do another group buy.

Top quality items with top service and at a fcking good price too :thumbup

It's not just the 25Kg it's also the little things like there is more glass over the rear axle, the fuel tank is also behind the rear axle etc. So there is more weight behind the rear axle than a coupe.

A few years ago when i ordered the lowering springs for a 1.8S manta coupe the parts factor i used told me that there were different springs listed for the hatch and coupe in his parts book.

It's quite possible the genuine vauxhall hatch and coupe springs could have been different to support different weight distribution, but with any of the aftermarket stuff even standard height, there's no chance of that. Even some of the uprated springs you'll find for a GTE have been fitted to 1.8s and red top mantas as despite a substantial difference in the weight of the engines it doesn't make a massive difference in the height. I even think some of the lowering springs for a GTE look more level on lighter engined mantas.